Conquest - END OF DAYS

Fat Freddy

cdendofdays.jpg

I coulda sworn I started a thread about this band/disc a while ago but damned if I can find it if I did. :blink: Anyway, I reviewed this one for Detritus late last year and it's been popping back into my playlist on and off ever since. When I first glanced @ the album cover I thought they were going to be a death metal band, but nope, Conquest is a pretty cool trad/thrash band, kinda like a mesh of Testament and Iced Earth, with a hit of COWBOYS-era Pantera groove on some tracks. Very impressive for an indie release. Though I'd never heard of the band before I got this disc, it seems that they've been kickin' it on the St. Louis area scene since 1989 (!) and have three previous full-length albums and an EP under their belts. Well worth checking out I'd say.

Seek thee more information here if thou art interested:

http://www.conquestmetal.com/

Sample tunes here:

http://www.myspace.com/conquestmetal

The disc can be purchased via CDBaby:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/conquest

I'm almost positive that these guys opened for Dokken at Pops in Sauget(Illinois side of St. Louis) on Dokken's 'Erase the Slate' tour in 1999. I think they were good but they were way out of place opening for Dokken's crowd.

I'm almost positive that these guys opened for Dokken at Pops in Sauget(Illinois side of St. Louis) on Dokken's 'Erase the Slate' tour in 1999. I think they were good but they were way out of place opening for Dokken's crowd.

Haha, yeah, I would think they might be a little too crushing for a Dokken audience :yikes:

Maybe in their area they're "that band," i.e. the local guys who open for every hard rock/metal national act that comes thru town. Every area has one.

One of my bands :)

I gave'em a decent review in Detritus, Dave... unlike them Load Point Pull guys. You're welcome. :)

Haha, yeah, I would think they might be a little too crushing for a Dokken audience :yikes:

Maybe in their area they're "that band," i.e. the local guys who open for every hard rock/metal national act that comes thru town. Every area has one.

I remember the guitarist talking to Jeff Pilson in between soundcheck and they were standing right next to us.

He seemed like a nice guy and seemed to be a huge fan of Jeffs and Dokken but yeah they were just a little out of place in front of their audience. :lol:

I gave'em a decent review in Detritus, Dave...unlike them Load Point Pull guys. :)

Load Point Pull > Conquest

Just sayin'. B)

I gave'em a decent review in Detritus, Dave...unlike them Load Point Pull guys. :)

Load Point Pull > Conquest

Just sayin'. B)

Fat Freddy > Metalmaniac777

Just sayin'. B)