Whitesnake - One In A Million

JC_AOR

Over the last few years I've picked up two copies of this Whitesnake double LP titled 'One In A Million'. Both copies were picked up for less that AU$10 each.

It's a two LP set containing 19 songs. Of these, 16 songs are live in Tokyo 1988 and the last three songs are live in Spokane, Washington, 1984. One In A Million was a fan club only release, with a strictly limited edition of 500 copies only.

41764_t.jpg

Club9, Sweden, 1988

Line-Up:

David Coverdale - vocals

Vivian Campbell - guitar, keyboards, vocals

Adrian Vandenberg - guitar, keyboards, vocals

Rudy Sarzo - bass, keyboards, vocals

Tommy Aldridge - drums

Track Listing:

Side A:

1. Intro

2. Bad Boys/Children Of The Night

3. Slide It In

4. Slow An' Easy

5. Here I Go Again

Side B:

1. Guilty Of Love

2. Is This Love

3. Love Ain't No Stranger

4. Guitar Solo

5. Crying In The Rain

Side C:

1. Drum Solo

2. Crying In The Rain (cont.)

3. Still Of The Night

4. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City

Side D:

1. Give Me All Your Love

2. Tits

3. Gambler

4. Guilty Of Love

5. Love Ain't No Stranger

Can anyone tell me anything else about this release? Are fan club releases worth much? And where does the Whitesnake song 'Tits' come from?

Answered my own question, 'Tits' is a ZZ Top cover, you can watch Whitesanke perform it live here on YouTube

Speaking of tits, you can't appreciate it from the tiny album cover above, but the chick on the front cover shows a fine example of tits. I'm not sure who she's supposed to be but she has metal legs and is wearing a black skirt that looks like it's about to blow away in the wind. She has the most crazy hair style I've ever seen.

cool setlist,luv to hear this gig.are you sure this is not a fansite boot pressing?

No idea, it says on the back cover:

"FOR FAN CLUB USE ONLY - NOT FOR RESALE.

THIS ALBUM WAS MADE IN A STRICTLY LIMITED EDITION OF 500 COPIES."

I've searched the net and found another one selling for around 50 Euros. I bought both of mine off E-Bay and was the only bidder so got them cheap as chips.

did you pick these up for a good price?if i came across this release for a cool price i would jump at it.50euros would kill my budget.

Sure did, from memory both were under AU$10, that's US$7

Answered my own question, 'Tits' is a ZZ Top cover, you can watch Whitesanke perform it live here on YouTube

I saw Whitesnake play this tune live back in '88. ZZ Top fans will recognize it as a cover of "Tush," except Dave and the boys replace "Tush" with "Tits." Oh, that Coverdale.... sooooo subtle! :lol:

Never seen the LP you're talking about but whether it's a bootleg or a "fan club" pressing (whatever that may be) it looks like a cool collector's/conversation piece!! :tumbsup:

I'd hazard a guess at it being a bootleg as there have been quite a few albums released over the years, that claim to be fanclub releases by certain bands.

Yeah hard to know. Either way they are a very high quality package and have had a lot of effort put into them, better quality than many "official" LP releases of the same era. Certainly they do appear to be as old as they claim to be (1988).

I saw Whitesnake play this tune live back in '88. ZZ Top fans will recognize it as a cover of "Tush," except Dave and the boys replace "Tush" with "Tits." Oh, that Coverdale.... sooooo subtle! :lol:

Ah ok, I'm not familiar with Tush, that's why I didn't pick it up.

Actually on the latest Whitesnake DVD 'Live In The Still Of The Night', there is a part during the song 'Is This Love' where a lady in the front row flashes her tits at Dave. At the end of the song he announces somehting like "thankyou for your tits, most inspirational I assure you" to the poor embarassed lady.