Hardcire Superstar sign with Nuclear Blast Records

Dark Star

Saw this on blabbermouth....

HARDCORE SUPERSTAR Signs With NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS - Mar. 6, 2009

Nuclear Blast Records has announced the signing of Swedish sleaze rockers HARDCORE SUPERSTAR. The band's new album, "Beg For It", is currently being recorded in part at IN FLAMES' studio in Gothenburg, Sweden and is scheduled for release in June.

Commented the group: "We have all been listening to Nuclear Blast's artists since 1987 and we are very proud to be a part of the family!"

Added Markus Tagaris of Gain Music Entertainment, the band's Swedish record label: "Nuclear Blast was our number one choice. I'm convinced that we together can do a fantastic job for the band and their forthcoming album, 'Beg For It'. HADCORE SUPERSTAR are without a doubt the best 'street metal' band in the world."

Marko Sirac of Nuclear Blast Records stated: "Not only on behalf of Nuclear Blast Records but also myself is damn proud of our latest strike! The signing of an extraordinary band: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR! These guys know how to kick ass and rock the shit outta you lazy bastards! HARDCORE SUPERSTAR will make you freak out at their shows! Mothers, lock up your daughters! HARDCORE SUPERSTAR are around — horny as fuck and ready to score!"

HARDCORE SUPERSTAR last year added guitarist Vic Zino from the band CRAZY LIXX following the departure of Thomas Silver.

Thomas Silver announced in January 2008 that he was "tired of music and touring" and left HARDCORE SUPERSTAR amicably.

Vic Zino played a number of European dates with HARDCORE SUPERSTAR as a session guitarist during the early months of 2008.

HARDCORE SUPERSTAR's latest album, "Dreamin' in a Casket", came out in November 2007 via Gain Music Entertainment. The CD was partly recorded at In Flames Studio in Gothenburg and was produced by Adde and Martin Sandvik. A limited-edition version of "Dreamin' in a Casket" contains a documentary DVD.

To Me this is pretty damn good news, as now I can buy their newest album and NOT pay a hefty import price!!! :headbanger:

Does this mean they'll finally have US distribution? :woot:

That's what I'm thinking since there's Nuclear Blast discs in most FYE and Sam Goody stores.

There are still Sam Goody stores? Where? :blink:

That's what I'm thinking since there's Nuclear Blast discs in most FYE and Sam Goody stores.

There are still Sam Goody stores? Where? :blink:

Well when they were around they carried some of their product.

Did they all go out of business or just some of them?

I've noticed that some of the FYE's are even closing down. :doh:

I thought all the Sam Goody's were gone but I could be wrong. I know there aren't any left in this area.

Those dang kids and their loading down from the inter-webs to their Pod-I's. They ruin everything. :doh:

I thought all the Sam Goody's were gone but I could be wrong. I know there aren't any left in this area.

Those dang kids and their loading down from the inter-webs to their Pod-I's. They ruin everything. :doh:

I guess all of the Sam Goody's are gone then, I wasn't sure since I hadn't seen one in a while.

I do like FYE but the one closest to me just closed down which is a shame.

>> I guess all of the Sam Goody's are gone then, I wasn't sure since I hadn't seen one in a while.

I do like FYE but the one closest to me just closed down which is a shame. <<

Yeah, Sam Goody is gone. He left the building a couple of years ago, took his crappy CD racks with him. FYE's are slowing shutting down. I think 20 are scheduled to close this quarter.

And yes, Nuclear Blast has had an office here since the early 90's. You can find their stuff everywhere.

Always thought Hardcore Superstar was signed to Sony internationally and that Gain were management.