H.E.A.T - S/T (2009)

TIM (2)

So H.E.A.T have re-released their overrated S/T album a year after it's initial release, all because they got some press attention through their Eurovision Song Contest Entry. The re-release contains a bonus CD with the only new song being their Euro-entry tune (this re-release also contains a karaoke version of the same song!).

Find it here....

http://www.aorheaven.com/

Granted it's a halfway decent song IMHO, & a nice indication they could finally be ready to live up to the hype and release a consistent 2nd disc. But if you don't want to waste your money then you could always buy the single....

http://cdon.eu/music/h.e.a.t/1000_miles-4151670

These things really irritate me....

Well, I want to get in early. If any of your guys are going to get this one and plan to get rid of the debut, please consider me. :) This is still high atop my most wanted list.

Well, I want to get in early. If any of your guys are going to get this one and plan to get rid of the debut, please consider me. :) This is still high atop my most wanted list.

Sorry mate, but I will be as likely to buy this disc as I would be to buy a 'Bon Jovi re-record all the Country Music Classics' album.

Sorry mate, but I will be as likely to buy this disc as I would be to buy a 'Bon Jovi re-record all the Country Music Classics' album.

C'mon man! I have that album and it's great! Their version of Fair Warning's 'Heart of summer' is stunning. ;)

So H.E.A.T have re-released their overrated S/T album a year after it's initial release, all because they got some press attention through their Eurovision Song Contest Entry. The re-release contains a bonus CD with the only new song being their Euro-entry tune (this re-release also contains a karaoke version of the same song!).

Find it here....

Granted it's a halfway decent song IMHO, & a nice indication they could finally be ready to live up to the hype and release a consistent 2nd disc. But if you don't want to waste your money then you could always buy the single....

yeah its a rip off for sure.........still a great album tho. Amazes me to this day that you cant like this cd?? Weird.

yeah its a rip off for sure.........still a great album tho. Amazes me to this day that you cant like this cd?? Weird.

It's not that I don't like it, it's just there wasn't enough quality control when the final tracks were decided. Too many songs I have to skip through. Knowing that they can write great songs like "Follow Me" and "Bring the Stars" makes me wonder why they can't write an entire album like that.... If they do on the 2nd album then I'll be the first one to jump up & down in excitement though!

It's not that I don't like it, it's just there wasn't enough quality control when the final tracks were decided. Too many songs I have to skip through. Knowing that they can write great songs like "Follow Me" and "Bring the Stars" makes me wonder why they can't write an entire album like that.... If they do on the 2nd album then I'll be the first one to jump up & down in excitement though!

What and 'Straight For The Heart', 'Never Let Go', 'Keep On Dreamin' are no good then?? Awesome songs for me?? On reflection I think I prefer HEAT s/t to the 2nd BF.

Seeing HEAT on Mar 18th in London - well looking forward to it as well!

What and 'Straight For The Heart', 'Never Let Go', 'Keep On Dreamin' are no good then?? Awesome songs for me?? On reflection I think I prefer HEAT s/t to the 2nd BF.

No, I'm not having that. H.E.A.T is not bad, but it's nowhere near the 2nd BFT album IMO, nor the killer new PLACE VENDOME. Both kick dirt in their face. In fact I'd take the weakest song on the PLACE VENDOME (probably "Set Me Free") over the best song on the H.E.A.T ("Follow Me").

P.s. Whereabouts they playing on the 18th?

No, I'm not having that. H.E.A.T is not bad, but it's nowhere near the 2nd BFT album IMO, nor the killer new PLACE VENDOME. Both kick dirt in their face. In fact I'd take the weakest song on the PLACE VENDOME (probably "Set Me Free") over the best song on the H.E.A.T ("Follow Me").

I agree the BF and new Place Vendome blowing away the HEAT cd, although I do like it quite a bit. But the track "Follow Me" kicks the shit out of pretty much everything on the new Place Vendome. Of my fav tunes of 2008, it finished in 2nd, right behind "Wildest Dreams" from BF, which is probably my favorite song of the decade.

I agree the BF and new Place Vendome blowing away the HEAT cd, although I do like it quite a bit. But the track "Follow Me" kicks the shit out of pretty much everything on the new Place Vendome. Of my fav tunes of 2008, it finished in 2nd, right behind "Wildest Dreams" from BF, which is probably my favorite song of the decade.

I agree with your song choices there Dave, "Wildest Dreams" and "Follow Me" are right up there for me too. But I actually like "A Scene In Replay" better than both....

I agree with your song choices there Dave, "Wildest Dreams" and "Follow Me" are right up there for me too. But I actually like "A Scene In Replay" better than both....

Yeah that's a great song, but its 'Changes' for me.......a belter.

(PS HEAT are playing Camden Underworld.........for a tenner. No brainer).

Wow - there are some good bands playing Camden in March (not sure if I'd count HEAT in that list too?!). Will check if I'm gonna be in London that day & if so will go straight after work....

Wow - there are some good bands playing Camden in March (not sure if I'd count HEAT in that list too?!). Will check if I'm gonna be in London that day & if so will go straight after work....

Im on holiday that day and we'll be there around 7pm. Give me a shout nearer the time if you intend to go and perhaps we can meet :tumbsup:

So many WTFs, all addressed in one post:

1. Glen, you like 'Changes' best of the new Place Vendome disc???!!! Wow man, that was BY FAR one of, if not the 2nd weakest song for me, after 'Believer'. 'A scene in replay' is absolutely STUNNING.

2. 'Follow me' is not that good, guys!!! :lol: I love the HEAT album and I like that song, but imo it was, if I recall correctly, below halfway for me. They wrote sooo many better songs that that, imo. :)

3. I prefer HEAT's album to both Brother Firetribe discs, even though I love all three albums. I think the Place Vendome disc is the best of the four. In dealing with four awesome discs I'd rank them:

1. Place Vendome - Streets of fire

2. HEAT - s/t

3. Brother Firetribe - debut

4. Brother Firetribe - 2nd disc

I have spoken. ;)

1. Glen, you like 'Changes' best of the new Place Vendome disc???!!! Wow man, that was BY FAR one of, if not the 2nd weakest song for me, after 'Believer'. 'A scene in replay' is absolutely STUNNING.

2. 'Follow me' is not that good, guys!!! :lol: I love the HEAT album and I like that song, but imo it was, if I recall correctly, below halfway for me. They wrote sooo many better songs that that, imo. :)

3. I prefer HEAT's album to both Brother Firetribe discs, even though I love all three albums. I think the Place Vendome disc is the best of the four. In dealing with four awesome discs I'd rank them:

2. HEAT - s/t

I have spoken. ;)

Quote Geoff 20.01.2009

"9. Changes ; melodic rock bliss. Another wonderful tune."

...........see you do agree with me :nyanya:

The biggest WTF statement in this entire thread is 'Heat for a tenner' :tumbsup:

2. HEAT - s/t

I have spoken. ;)

Quote Geoff 20.01.2009

The biggest WTF statement in this entire thread is 'Heat for a tenner' :tumbsup:

And I stand by that quote. But 'Believer', which is the weakest song on the CD is great too. It's all great. But track by track, that was still the 2nd weakest for me, I think, and there are heaps better... imo. :)

Yeah, HEAT for 10 pounds if off the f*cking charts. Any Brit who lives within 200km and does not go deserves to be shot.

Find it here....

wonder if the bands is going the same route as harem scarem :popcorn:

the japanese pressing has a remixed track as abonus.....

2. HEAT - s/t

I have spoken. ;)

Quote Geoff 20.01.2009

But track by track, that was still the 2nd weakest for me, I think, and there are heaps better... imo. :)

I think youd better re-listen to it mate. 'Changes' is an awesome tune. Great melody, perfect chorus.

& the 2nd half of the disc is much much stronger than the first half IMO. In fact I would class 'Set Me Free' as borderline filler.

Trying to find a "filler" on the new Place Vendome is one tough task. Good luck boys, because I think they are all great tunes.

Yeah, there's no fillers. From the moment I put the album on, 'Believer' was by far the weakest track for me, with that homosexual jump for joy 'YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's be poofters!' chorus, but the rest of the song kicks ass so it's not a filler. 'Changes' is fine but by far one of the more laid back and unspectacular choruses on a disc full of really HUGE choruses.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, has anyone heard H.E.A.T's new song "1,000 Miles"? Bizarrely it's more stripped-down than the stuff on their debut disc (considering Eurovision Song Contest entries are usually way OTT), & it's very reminiscent of a Europe song - though without Tempest's great vocals - but it's not bad IMO. That said, 3 or 4 spins and I was completely done with hearing it....

BTW, has anyone heard H.E.A.T's new song "1,000 Miles"? Bizarrely it's more stripped-down than the stuff on their debut disc (considering Eurovision Song Contest entries are usually way OTT), & it's very reminiscent of a Europe song - though without Tempest's great vocals - but it's not bad IMO. That said, 3 or 4 spins and I was completely done with hearing it....

Heard it.....good song.

Let's hope they can keep up this standard for the second album.

Heard it.....good song.

Let's hope they can keep up this standard for the second album.

I just saw the youtube link and I liked it. I hope I get it on CD somehow.