Farcry "Highgear"

metaltrekman

I know there are fans of the band Farcry here. I just couldnt find a thread (just) for the band. :o

I Just checked out some of their tunes off the new CD farcry-highgear250.jpg on MySpace http://www.myspace.com/farcrytherockband They remind me of Danger Danger. They freakin Rock, and I cant wait to hear more and get the CD!! :banger:

There is a great write up for them at www.melodicrock.com

KIVEL RECORDS ANNOUNCE FARCRY:

News from Kivel Records: "After a few delays, we are happy to announce Farcry's debut release, High Gear, is all set for a March '09 release. Farcry is made up of Mark Giovi - Lead Vocals, Pete Fry - Lead Guitar, John Leonardis - Bass, Angelo Masa - Rhythm Guitars, Tommy John - Drums. The master has been sent off to the manufacturer, and will be in stock mid-march. All customers that purchase the CD no later then March 15th will receive a signed copy of the CD along with a signed 13x19 Farcry poster. Order now at www.kivelrecords.com and check out the bands MySpace page: www.myspace.com/farcrytherockband.

Also we are excited to announce that Farcry will be playing along with fellow Kivel Acts Bombay Black and Tango Down at this years South Dakota Rock Fest!! With such notable acts, Enuff Z Nuff, April Wine, La Guns, White Lion, Dokken, Skid Row and Bret Michaels. The 2 day event will be July 24 and 25th in Sioux Falls South Dakota!

Track order: Love Won't Wait, Fine Line, Have It All, Heaven, Nowhere Fast, Out of Reach, Kick Me Down, She's Crazy, Talk, Those Were The Days.

Farcry's Pete Fry breaks down the songs:

Love Wont Wait - This is a great toe tapper/fun summertime feel good tune. Melodic goodness with a creamy center.

Talk - Pop pop POP goes the hit!!! Great sing along tune. Kinda Def Lep Adrenalize era.

Have It All - Mean and in your face. This songs allows for me to cut loose on the guitar and go nuts. This one has that early Winger vibe.

Fine Line - Def Lep territory!! I can see people shouting this one at the top of their lungs.

Kick Me Down - Kinda Firehouse meets Bon Jovi. Great vibe. This is a Clapper for sure.

Heaven - The Ballad. The 80s are alive and well in this one!!!

Nowhere Fast - The "surprise" of the album, now we don't want to ruin it. We will just say the clever/Diehards of the genre will figure it out. This one came out ferocious and true to what it was meant to be. Honestly we thought John Kivel was nuts when he suggested us doing it. HA!

Out Of Reach - Pop Pop POP goes another hit. Great catchy sing along chorus that would make Bon Jovi proud. This one was meant for crowd participation! Penned by Jace Pawlak this one is a fave of all of ours.

She's Crazy - A great groove oriented party tune. With a BIG sing along chorus.

Same Mistake - Another Jace penned tune, that simply put is a Beautiful Power ballad. The boy can paint a picture. This is one of his finest moments. Having Jace on board for this album was a pleasure. He is like a 5th member of the band. Look for HIS new band and album in spring of 09 on a certain label.

Those Were The Days - Upbeat... Anthem! Anthem Anthem!! Bon Jovi slippery era.

And exclusive to MelodicRock, Kivel Records and Farcry have sent me two full length tracks to offer as downloads in advance of the album release.

So....Download: Farcry - Love Won't Wait and Fine Line.

Congrats to Pete and the rest of the guys in the band. I hope this is just the first of many great albums to come!! :tumbsup:

I know there are fans of the band Farcry here. I just couldnt find a thread (just) for the band. :o

I Just checked out some of their tunes off the new CD farcry-highgear250.jpg on MySpace http://www.myspace.com/farcrytherockband They remind me of Danger Danger. They freakin Rock, and I cant wait to hear more and get the CD!! :banger:

There is a great write up for them at www.melodicrock.com

KIVEL RECORDS ANNOUNCE FARCRY:

News from Kivel Records: "After a few delays, we are happy to announce Farcry's debut release, High Gear, is all set for a March '09 release. Farcry is made up of Mark Giovi - Lead Vocals, Pete Fry - Lead Guitar, John Leonardis - Bass, Angelo Masa - Rhythm Guitars, Tommy John - Drums. The master has been sent off to the manufacturer, and will be in stock mid-march. All customers that purchase the CD no later then March 15th will receive a signed copy of the CD along with a signed 13x19 Farcry poster. Order now at www.kivelrecords.com and check out the bands MySpace page: www.myspace.com/farcrytherockband.

Also we are excited to announce that Farcry will be playing along with fellow Kivel Acts Bombay Black and Tango Down at this years South Dakota Rock Fest!! With such notable acts, Enuff Z Nuff, April Wine, La Guns, White Lion, Dokken, Skid Row and Bret Michaels. The 2 day event will be July 24 and 25th in Sioux Falls South Dakota!

Track order: Love Won't Wait, Fine Line, Have It All, Heaven, Nowhere Fast, Out of Reach, Kick Me Down, She's Crazy, Talk, Those Were The Days.

Farcry's Pete Fry breaks down the songs:

Love Wont Wait - This is a great toe tapper/fun summertime feel good tune. Melodic goodness with a creamy center.

Talk - Pop pop POP goes the hit!!! Great sing along tune. Kinda Def Lep Adrenalize era.

Have It All - Mean and in your face. This songs allows for me to cut loose on the guitar and go nuts. This one has that early Winger vibe.

Fine Line - Def Lep territory!! I can see people shouting this one at the top of their lungs.

Kick Me Down - Kinda Firehouse meets Bon Jovi. Great vibe. This is a Clapper for sure.

Heaven - The Ballad. The 80s are alive and well in this one!!!

Nowhere Fast - The "surprise" of the album, now we don't want to ruin it. We will just say the clever/Diehards of the genre will figure it out. This one came out ferocious and true to what it was meant to be. Honestly we thought John Kivel was nuts when he suggested us doing it. HA!

Out Of Reach - Pop Pop POP goes another hit. Great catchy sing along chorus that would make Bon Jovi proud. This one was meant for crowd participation! Penned by Jace Pawlak this one is a fave of all of ours.

She's Crazy - A great groove oriented party tune. With a BIG sing along chorus.

Same Mistake - Another Jace penned tune, that simply put is a Beautiful Power ballad. The boy can paint a picture. This is one of his finest moments. Having Jace on board for this album was a pleasure. He is like a 5th member of the band. Look for HIS new band and album in spring of 09 on a certain label.

Those Were The Days - Upbeat... Anthem! Anthem Anthem!! Bon Jovi slippery era.

And exclusive to MelodicRock, Kivel Records and Farcry have sent me two full length tracks to offer as downloads in advance of the album release.

So....Download: Farcry - Love Won't Wait and Fine Line.

Congrats to Pete and the rest of the guys in the band. I hope this is just the first of many great albums to come!! :tumbsup:

sounds great to me! :headbanger: