Jan 31 2009 - The "Its Been HOW Long?" Scroungers Report

heavyharmonies

Egads, it's been a while.

Got up this morning and really didn't file like spending another day sitting in front of the computer, so I figured that now that gasoline is no longer four fucking bucks a gallon, that I could just go out on a spontaneous scrounging mission. But where to go?

The pickings locally have been horrid the last few years (as I mentioned in the other thread), and I've really backed off on my CD collection other than CD singles. So it's off to a place that I know will have plenty of CD singles: JL Records in Lafayette, IN.

It's only about an hour and a half drive, which is a yawner. I was there, scrounged, and back, in about 6 hours.

Even though I looked for full-length stuff to sell on eBay, the pickings were slim. Yes, there was plenty of stuff, but the prices were so high that there was no chance for me to turn any profit whatsoever. :(

I did find one item for resale, though. A nice still sealed copy of Harlequin - Love Crimes, Japanese pressing. There are 3 on eBay, all above $80 asking price, and a used one just went for $49 shipped. If anyone here wants this sealed one, $60 shipped in the U.S.

harlequin_lc1.jpgharlequin_lc2.jpg

I found a boatload of singles for my collection. Not cheap by any means, as most were in the $7-12 range, but there's some neat stuff throughout.

Random comments:

The HIM singles were a nice find, as a couple of them routinely sell in the $20-30 range.

The Mike and the Mechanics photo wallet single is kinda cool.

I always enjoy finding 3-inch singles (Micahel Bolton & Cinderella this time around).

You don't see singles by The 69 Eyes every day either.

The shaped Deep Purple single is a neat item.

Aqua is a guilty pleasure of mine. I wish they had done more than 2 albums...

Here they are in quasi-alphabetical order.

38special_ftb1.jpg38special_ftb2.jpg

38special_mm1.jpg38special_mm2.jpg

3rdmatinee_fr1.jpg3rdmatinee_fr2.jpg

69eyes_fb1.jpg69eyes_fb2.jpg

69eyes_ps1.jpg69eyes_ps2.jpg

alicecooper_hs3t1.jpgalicecooper_hs3t2.jpg

aqua_dj21.jpgaqua_dj22.jpg

aqua_tbt1.jpgaqua_tbt2.jpg

asia_wwstr1.jpgasia_wwstr2.jpg

ayreon_l1.jpgayreon_l2.jpg

bonjovi_sftp1.jpgbonjovi_sftp2.jpg

cinderella_tlm1.jpgcinderella_tlm2.jpgcinderella_tlm3.jpg

deeppurple_a991.jpgdeeppurple_a992.jpg

helloween_ltu1.jpghelloween_ltu2.jpg

him_babl_20090131_1.jpghim_babl_20090131_2.jpg

him_kl_20090131_1.jpghim_kl_20090131_2.jpg

him_kl_ms_1.jpghim_kl_ms_2.jpg

him_sm1.jpghim_sm2.jpg

him_tfoh1.jpghim_tfoh2.jpg

him_ts1.jpghim_ts2.jpg

him_woab_20090131_1.jpghim_woab_20090131_2.jpg

him_woab_ms1.jpghim_woab_ms2.jpg

icehouse_s1.jpgicehouse_s2.jpg

icehouse_so1.jpgicehouse_so2.jpg

lastgentlemen_promo.jpg

lovehate_sw1.jpglovehate_sw2.jpg

michaelbolton_gomm1.jpgmichaelbolton_gomm2.jpg

michaelbolton_myn1.jpgmichaelbolton_myn2.jpg

mikeandthemechanics_atap1.jpg

mikeandthemechanics_atap2.jpg

mothersfinest_lan.jpg

motorhead_t92_1.jpgmotorhead_t92_2.jpg

nickelback_tb1.jpgnickelback_tb2.jpg

nicklebag_st1.jpgnicklebag_st2.jpg

ozzy_syotos1.jpgozzy_syotos2.jpg

paparoach_lr1.jpgpaparoach_lr2.jpg

petshopboys_djc1.jpgpetshopboys_djc2.jpg

queensryche_sott1.jpgqueensryche_sott2.jpg

russirwin_csly1.jpgrussirwin_csly2.jpg

savagegarden_iwy_20090131_1.jpgsavagegarden_iwy_20090131_2.jpg

savagegarden_tas_20090131_1.jpgsavagegarden_tas_20090131_2.jpg

testament_l1.jpgtestament_l2.jpg

uglykidjoe_citc1.jpguglykidjoe_citc2.jpg

uglykidjoe_ms_20090131_1.jpguglykidjoe_ms_20090131_2.jpg

uglykidjoe_n1.jpguglykidjoe_n2.jpg

Sweet stuff, boss man... I am coveting the Motorhead and UKJ singles :lol:

Hey Dan nice find on those HIM singles! I did the same thing last year..went to one place & found about 10 HIM singles for about $5 a pop & bought them all & all of them were like brand new...I also have the HIM singles boxset which is really cool. I have a lot of cd singles, too, though I don't set out to look for them they just kinda find me. I bought 2 boxes of singles from a guy on Ebay about 10 years ago (I really don't know why, I guess cuz they were dirt cheap) & if I ever decide to get rid of them I'll keep you in mind...

Hey Dan nice find on those HIM singles! I did the same thing last year..went to one place & found about 10 HIM singles for about $5 a pop & bought them all & all of them were like brand new...I also have the HIM singles boxset which is really cool. I have a lot of cd singles, too, though I don't set out to look for them they just kinda find me. I bought 2 boxes of singles from a guy on Ebay about 10 years ago (I really don't know why, I guess cuz they were dirt cheap) & if I ever decide to get rid of them I'll keep you in mind...

Please do. I'm horribly disorganized at the moment, but one of my goals for 2009 is to get my CD Singles Database caught up. I've got about 500 or more that I don't have entered. It's in my own best interests to do so, as that's the list I check out on the road to make sure I don't double-buy... which of course I do. :o

I'll have a hundred or two dupes for trading as well... once I get organized. Ergf.

-Dan

Please do. I'm horribly disorganized at the moment, but one of my goals for 2009 is to get my CD Singles Database caught up. I've got about 500 or more that I don't have entered. It's in my own best interests to do so, as that's the list I check out on the road to make sure I don't double-buy... which of course I do. :o

I'll have a hundred or two dupes for trading as well... once I get organized. Ergf.

-Dan

Yeah I'm very disorganized myself...have all my cd's in stacks in my basement as I am typing up my whole cd collection on the computer...a stack for A's, a stack for B's & so on. So far I've typed up A-S and I'm at about 1650 cd's & counting...didn't realize I had that many :headbanger: