5 You Could Be Mine (3:50)

6 See The Sign (3:52)

7 Come Alive (3:29)

8 I'm Free (4:29)

9 Saving All My Lovin' (3:52)

10 Baby Don't Cry (3:44)

11 Somebody (2:38)

R-150-1543423-1227281116.jpeg

Hope are a an exciting new Swedish band with members who have a strong pedigree in the rock music industry, and lead vocalist Henrik Thomsen has kept his best songs till now! Thomsen is the principal songwriter of the band and he certainly knows how to pen a song with plenty of melody. The structure is what you would expect from a Swedish rock band with a background such as theirs, and the sound just flows effortlessly. Strangely, in places they have a leaning towards early Bryan Adams (Reckless period) which is no bad thing and the addition of respected musician Jim Jidhead (solo, Alien) in the songwriting department especially makes “Bring down the Stars” a song to remember. Line-up: Henrik Thomsen - Lead vocals, Bass - Henrik (Don Patrol, The Black, Sky High), Imre Daun - Drums, Vocals (Don Patrol , Gypsy Rose ,The Black), Mats Johanson - Guitars – (Ace of Base, Asia, Kurt Nielsen, Aha, The Black and many more)

Anyone heard this disc? I was spinning it yesterday and it kind of stood out from a bunch of duds I have been hearing. Great vocals and some good strong songs. The only faint problem I found with the disc was a slight *cringe* "country" undertone I swear I was hearing. But don't let that put you off until you hear it for yourself. I think it's a good one.

There's a sample over at Wishing Well, I see, where is is described as such:

"AOR from Sweden featuring former members of Don Patrol. In the style of Stage Dolls, Bryan Adams and Brett Walker"

Wishing Well, Sample Included

This isn't a bad disc at all, but it is So Bryan Adams (bits of Stage Dolls aswell) in style, especially the vocals it is unreal. The songs are pretty nice though, if a little one paced. I like my AOR like this, but I also like a bit more oomph to it during an album which I find this disc doesn't have much of.

Yes, as Jez mentioned this disc reminded me a lot of Bryan Adams as well. The vocals are very good and there some great tunes. Not a bad buy at all.

• 4 years later...