Dream Theater

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

This has been bugging me for quite some time now, and I've been meaning to mention it. What is with that cut off at the end of Pull Me Under? It just doesn't seem to make any sense, what-so-ever. I first heard the song a few years back when I downloaded the album, and I figured it was a corrupt file. But a couple months I bought Images and Words, and I was kinda excited to hear the 'full' version of the song. It was nearing the 8 minute mark, which was further, I thought, than I had been before - shut up all of you!! :2up: - and there it was: the end of the song. I've listened to it many times over now, trying to figure out why they would cut it off like that, but I've got nothing. Anyone else ever think the same thing? Anyone have the answer? Has this already been discussed?

Peace.

I have always wondered that myself. It seems to be a stupid ending to a rather great song. I don't know the reason but the radio version and the video version has a fade out which sounds even worse.

I always wondered myself, but got use to it after the first few spins, now I can't imagine it ending any other way.

• My Little Pony
I always wondered myself, but got use to it after the first few spins, now I can't imagine it ending any other way.

I understand that, but I'm just wondering if the boys ever gave a reason for it.

• 2 months later...

That's just the art of prog metal. :o) I recall similar expression in Fates Warning's epic "Ivory Gate Of Dreams" where passages would cut off abruptly, and then another passage would suddenly begin. Hah!

• My Little Pony
That's just the art of prog metal. :o) I recall similar expression in Fates Warning's epic "Ivory Gate Of Dreams" where passages would cut off abruptly, and then another passage would suddenly begin. Hah!

Yeah, I figured it was artistically placed, but I couldn't figure out what they were getting at. I think I know what it means now.