DIAMOND SINS

glam_junkie

These guys are from your hometown aren't they Lindsay? I remember seeing an add for them in a rave magazine or somewhere and was curious about them at the time. Have they put out any releases?

These guys are from your hometown aren't they Lindsay? I remember seeing an add for them in a rave magazine or somewhere and was curious about them at the time. Have they put out any releases?

Yeah, they're from Adelaide.

They haven't released anything yet, but have been gigging quite consistantly for the last 18 months. They should be at a point quite soon where they can put some quality tracks down as they have some really good originals.

Bearing in mind the ordinary quality of these vids, this band is one to keep an eye on.. Australia's own Diamond Sins.

Hardcore Superstar meets Misfits meets Faster Pussycat

Freakshow

Delirious (Hanoi Rocks cover)

Renegade

hopefully a disc is not too far away!! :)

Just found out that this friday will be their last gig before they enter the studio to record an ep!

• 6 months later...

EP is out in just over a month! 26 June to be exact.

Sounds like they went slightlty heavier in the studio... sorta like Hardcore Superstar with Wednesday13 on vocals.

Another disc I'm looking forward too, althouhg I'm sure it won't tickle everyone fancy.

• 2 months later...

Have been spinning this one quite regularly of late. Great EP.

The release it a bit heavier than what I expected. (Usually I find it the other way round, that a band sounds heavy live, and then much lighter on disc). It's quite brutal sounding sleaze.

Maybe combine Wednesday13 and Crystal Pistol (with maybe a dash of Crank County Daredevils and Backyard Babies thrown in). Growling vocals, dirty sound and roaring choruses... you get the idea. Fans of any of the first 2 listed should love this one.

• 1 month later...

congrats to these guys for getting the support slot to pretty boy floyd for the melbourne leg.

should be some great exposure for them playing with pretty boy floyd and the deadthings.

diamond sins supported white widdow over the weekend and performed a whole heap of new material for the first time. The new material blew away a lot of the old material even after just hearing it once. massive fist thumping sleaze-punk choruses not to be missed!

Myspace samples sound a bit punky for me but there are some decent backing vocals. Not sure this'd be my thing at all to be honest, but just out of curiosity I wonder why they don't have any shows coming up in Sydney? A few in Victoria, 2 in Queensland but none in NSW?

Myspace samples sound a bit punky for me but there are some decent backing vocals. Not sure this'd be my thing at all to be honest, but just out of curiosity I wonder why they don't have any shows coming up in Sydney? A few in Victoria, 2 in Queensland but none in NSW?

yeah, they definitely have a punk element to them. you certainly wouldn't put them in the polished aor category!

a bit of a combination of wednesday13, hardcore superstar, crystal pistol, crank county daredevils. quite brutal sleaze with some big gang vocals and guitar riffs.

not sure what happened to the NSW gig. I'm sure they had one up on their site a while back. maybe couldn't find the right gig to play in the time availalbe.

• 2 months later...