Iced Earth

anamal

Saw IE last night in woosta, great show and barlow was in top form...any one else have the pleasure to see them on this tour

• 4 months later...
Saw IE last night in woosta, great show and barlow was in top form...any one else have the pleasure to see them on this tour

I wish I had the pleasure of seeing them on tour in support of the Burnt Offerings record.. well over a decade ago. :o)

Saw'em on the HORROR SHOW tour in Philly in '02 (w/Jag Panzer and In Flames opening)... KILLER show... Barlow is a monster frontman. From what I've been able to gather about the shows they've done since he returned, he's still in top form. :beerbang:

i prefer my old iced earth....before barlow....

The Barlow-less NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER ranks pretty high with me, that's a great album. The debut is a decent listen as well, even though the vocalist on that one left a little to be desired (he sounded like David Wayne of Metal Church...with a bad head cold!).

Though my fave I.E. album overall is still SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, some of Barlow's best vocal work is on his first album with them, BURNT OFFERINGS... dunno why Schaffer seems to hate that album so much... it's their darkest, nastiest record all around!

The Barlow-less NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER ranks pretty high with me, that's a great album. The debut is a decent listen as well, even though the vocalist on that one left a little to be desired (he sounded like David Wayne of Metal Church...with a bad head cold!).

Though my fave I.E. album overall is still SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, some of Barlow's best vocal work is on his first album with them, BURNT OFFERINGS... dunno why Schaffer seems to hate that album so much... it's their darkest, nastiest record all around!

I like the first two albums but prefer the stuff with Barlow and even Owens more.

But then again I didn't get into them until later when Barlow was in the group the first time.

I don't understand either why he puts his own masterpiece down, Freddy. Burnt Offerings is a gem, a fluke (in a very good way)...it's a visual paragon. Not only does it have technical prowess, filled with unorthodox arrangements...it is also very artistic because it conjures up so many powerful visuals & an atmosphere of darkness, hypocrisy, and hell+fire+brimstone. What I like about it so much is that I can feel sincere anger and emotion in the writing. It feels like...he was being absolutely "TRUE" to himself!!

I don't understand either why he puts his own masterpiece down, Freddy. Burnt Offerings is a gem, a fluke (in a very good way)...it's a visual paragon. Not only does it have technical prowess, filled with unorthodox arrangements...it is also very artistic because it conjures up so many powerful visuals & an atmosphere of darkness, hypocrisy, and hell+fire+brimstone. What I like about it so much is that I can feel sincere anger and emotion in the writing. It feels like...he was being absolutely "TRUE" to himself!!

Excellent post and I agree. :banger: