Poison Live, Raw, & Uncut CD/DVD

chocularok

Poison has finally released a live album that sounds pretty damn good. The sound quality (& performance) on Swallow This Live & Power To The People left a lot to be desired, but this time they got it right. On sale this week for only $14.99, & you get a dvd & cd of the performance. Hard to beat that!

• 1 month later...

I got this about a week ago. Have only checked out the dvd so far, but I thought it was pretty good.

I'd actually love to see the vidoe they recorded for the 1991 live album 'Swallow This Live". I've seen boots of this for sale on various sites. Don't spose anyone has this and can comment on the quality?

I think VH1 Classic has been playing this lately when they do their Classic Concert marathons.

From what I saw it was pretty good.

Wasn't that 1991 tour with Warrant and The Bulletboys opening?

I seem to remember some Saturday late night concert show that showed that entire show once.

I wouldn't mind seeing that 7 Days Live Dvd. I saw them on that Native Tongue tour and they were solid and had Firehouse and Damn Yankees opening. All 3 bands were good but Firehouse was the best IMO.

I think VH1 Classic has been playing this lately when they do their Classic Concert marathons.

I seem to remember some Saturday late night concert show that showed that entire show once.

I wouldn't mind seeing that 7 Days Live Dvd. I saw them on that Native Tongue tour and they were solid and had Firehouse and Damn Yankees opening. All 3 bands were good but Firehouse was the best IMO.

I have a boot of the Swallow This Live show. It's not that great. All around sloppy...guitar playing, singing, etc.

7 Days Live, on the other hand, is great. Definitely worth picking up. Speaking of, that concert was supposed to get a 2cd release a couple weeks ago, but from what I've seen, they just released a 1 disc version & cut out all the Native Tongue songs. What's up with that shit?

Poison has finally released a live album that sounds pretty damn good. The sound quality (& performance) on Swallow This Live & Power To The People left a lot to be desired, but this time they got it right. On sale this week for only $14.99, & you get a dvd & cd of the performance. Hard to beat that!

I've got the original VHS L, from memory its recorded in London, great gig, saw them on that tour later.

I have a boot of the Swallow This Live show. It's not that great. All around sloppy...guitar playing, singing, etc.

7 Days Live, on the other hand, is great. Definitely worth picking up. Speaking of, that concert was supposed to get a 2cd release a couple weeks ago, but from what I've seen, they just released a 1 disc version & cut out all the Native Tongue songs. What's up with that shit?

They probably cut them out because lets face it outside of "Stand" nobody except people like us know the other NT songs. It's still a stupid decision though.

They probably cut them out because lets face it outside of "Stand" nobody except people like us know the other NT songs. It's still a stupid decision though.

No kidding...I love the Native Tongue songs.

Yeah me too but it was so different for Poison fans. One of my best friends at the time, and the guy that went with me to the concert I spoke of above, was a huge Poison fan and an even bigger CC fan and it killed him that Kotzen was in the band. I remember the first time he heard Native Tongue he hated it. I told it'll take a few spins but even after many spins it just wasn't the same anymore. He enjoyed the concert to a point but he seemed to think the old songs sounded strange with Kotzen.

Yeah me too but it was so different for Poison fans. One of my best friends at the time, and the guy that went with me to the concert I spoke of above, was a huge Poison fan and an even bigger CC fan and it killed him that Kotzen was in the band. I remember the first time he heard Native Tongue he hated it. I told it'll take a few spins but even after many spins it just wasn't the same anymore. He enjoyed the concert to a point but he seemed to think the old songs sounded strange with Kotzen.

It did sound weird with Kotzen on the CC era tunes. But coming from a huge Poison fan, I think Native Tongue may be my fav.

For me (a massive fan from the Open Up era) the Native Tongue album sits behind most of the others purely becasue of the different sound. Poison were my favourite band in the late 80s/early 90s... so this change probably had more of an effect on me than it would have on someone who thought they were 'just good' and it wasn't their favourite band.

Not that I dislike the album, just wasn't the Poison I knew.

• 3 years later...

HD Net had this Live, Raw & Uncut on last week after the M3 shows. So I dvr'd it and got around to listening. At first it was ok but something was missing. I turned on the Home Theater and turned off the lightes. Man, the show came alive with the surround sound on. It remeinded what I loved about the band. just a good time rock show and the band was in really fine form for this.

• 2 weeks later...

I wished they played London and the UK more! The big one was when they came over but without CC and had that Native Tongue album out. Not a bad album but not the Poison I liked.

Before that they were due to come over with Def Leppard to promote their debut but that fell through.

Pretty poor band nowadays though. Brett is slogging the name, anyone buy his tribute to Poison?! Shockingly bad! A rap version of Unskinny Bop anyone?

I still rate their debut as a classic of the time and won't forget the first time I say the 'Talk Dirty to Me' video!