CHARM CITY DEVILS

LV KIX

Once again... I'm supporting some hometown talent. The band... CHARM CITY DEVILS.

The CHARM CITY DEVILS are a Baltimore, Maryland based band featuring John Allen, formally of CHILD's PLAY and SR-71. John played drums with both of those bands. For the CHARM CITY DEVILS, John steps out to front the band. Another former CHILD'S PLAY member, Nick Kay plays guitar.

The CHARM CITY DEVILS just signed with Eleven Seven Music.... who's roster also includes Buckcherry and SIXX:A.M.! Nikki Sixx is now vice president of Eleven Seven Music and the CHARM CITY DEVILS is the first band he has signed. Nikki is also involved with the song writting for the debut major label release. The release date is set for Xmas.

The band was first called FORTY ACRES, then went with THE CHOSEN SON.... Once signed, the band searched for a new name. Nikki Sixx is the one who came up with the name CHARM CITY DEVILS.

Anyway... If you like your Rock raw and unpolished, this might be right up your alley.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26782589

Any relation to "Charm City Cakes," Duff's bakery on Food Network's "Ace of Cakes?" :lol:

Nah, but seriously... they sound pretty good!!

• 8 months later...

Wow... 7 months ago I posted this one

Today CHARM CITY DEVILS release their first single to radio. The official CD release isn't gonna be far behind. I saw these guys about a month ago and they keep getting better and better. Rumor has it they might play The Download Festival in the UK this year.

The first video was also released today... Check it out:

http://music.aol.com/top11?featuredVideo=2...;featuredText=4

Wow... 7 months ago I posted this one

Today CHARM CITY DEVILS release their first single to radio. The official CD release isn't gonna be far behind. I saw these guys about a month ago and they keep getting better and better. Rumor has it they might play The Download Festival in the UK this year.

The first video was also released today... Check it out:

http://music.aol.com/top11?featuredVideo=2...;featuredText=4

I dunno, while the lyrics and video could have come straight outta 1990, I still wasn't blown away by this. It takes a special talent to pull off really good bluesy style hard rock. I'd still be interested in hearing some of their other songs. The video was the only track I've heard so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to see CHARM CITY DEVILS again last night... They opened for KIX. Again... these guys just get better and better each time I see them. I really do think this band has what it takes to make some serious noise. They will be doing 30 dates with Motley Crue on the Cruefest tour this summer and many of their own headline shows along the way. While they were playing I looked behind me and the sold out crowd was just loving the band. I couldn't help but notice a couple members of KIX were checking out the CHARM CITY DEVILS set.

Again... if you like your rock alittle raw and dirty you may dig this band. This band isn't about perfection...it's about Rock 'N' Roll. Check them out.

• 1 month later...

CHARM CITY DEVILS debut will be released on May 26th 2009. New songs posted on myspace page. Check them out if you haven't already.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26782589

• 5 weeks later...

Grabbed this disc today at Best Buy($6.99)...a fkn' steal if you ask me.Anyhow,this fucker rocks...right out of the gate it grabs you and it don't let up.I love the song "Best Of The Worst",it has a great blues riff going on,but the hole disc is a great listen....... :headbanger:

Grabbed this disc today at Best Buy($6.99)...a fkn' steal if you ask me.Anyhow,this fucker rocks...right out of the gate it grabs you and it don't let up.I love the song "Best Of The Worst",it has a great blues riff going on,but the hole disc is a great listen....... :headbanger:

I've seen this listed over at Amazon for $9.99 and have thought really hard about buying.

From the sound of it I probably need to get it since the closest Best Buy to me is over 2 hours away. :crying:

I've seen this listed over at Amazon for $9.99 and have thought really hard about buying.

From the sound of it I probably need to get it since the closest Best Buy to me is over 2 hours away. :crying:

Yea....do yourself a favor and order this fucker right now.....2nd spin thru and this mother ROCKS!!!!!!!!

By the way......Pour me another drink!!

Yea....do yourself a favor and order this fucker right now.....2nd spin thru and this mother ROCKS!!!!!!!!

You got it.

beer.jpg

Just a great Rock-N-Roll release. Anyone else grab this one yet?

For those who have bought this one... what was it that made you buy it? Just curious. :headbanger:

Just a great Rock-N-Roll release. Anyone else grab this one yet?

For those who have bought this one... what was it that made you buy it? Just curious. :headbanger:

I actually bought this because of the sticker on the disc and this thread and I heard "Lets Rock N Roll" on one of my didgital music stations on my cable.I can't remember exactly what the sticker said but it had something to do with AC/DC riffs with a modern touch and something about old school rock n roll.I know those were not the exact words but it was enough to stir my interest....and I am glad I grabbed it

I couldn't resist the urge to pick this up for $6.99 at Best Buy. Tracks like "Hell Yeah True Love", "Almost Home", and "Best Of The Worst" were the best standout songs for me. These guys definitely pack a lot of potential. I'd still be curious to hear what they'll do on their follow-up. Unfortunately, there was just a few too many fillers for me. So, if anyone's interested in this, just PM me. I'll sell it or trade it.