Laidlaw

Dead Planet

Most definitely! I found "First Big Picnic" at a pawn shop last summer and darn near didn't buy it because I didn't think I'd like it. I did grab it though and was very surprised at how good it was.

Most definitely! I found "First Big Picnic" at a pawn shop last summer and darn near didn't buy it because I didn't think I'd like it. I did grab it though and was very surprised at how good it was.

The samples of that one are here for anyone who wants to hear them.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Big-Picnic-Lai...0887&sr=1-1

• 5 weeks later...

I met these guys when they toured with Motley Crue back in 1998.

I got their autographs on their ep that they were selling at the time and they were all cool and at the time Russell Miller of Killer Dwarfs fame was playing drums for them. But theirs only one member of the band that's left from those days and left from when they were called Moonshine. I remember Gerri Miller in Metal Edge really pumping these guys up as the next big thing when they called Moonshine.

• 1 year later...

I just picked up their last disc "The Foam Box Sessions" that came out a couple of years ago and wow this is awesome.

This one might be better than "First Big Picnic" and has a whole different lineup except for Craig Defalco.

The singer Robbie Locke is very good and every song is killer IMO. Southern Rock meets Zeppelin.

I picked up "Sample This" a while back but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I'm assuming the tracks are the same as "First Big Picnic", or are they demo versions?

I picked up "Sample This" a while back but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I'm assuming the tracks are the same as "First Big Picnic", or are they demo versions?

Don't think they were demos since they were produced by Nikki Sixx but this was what they were selling at their shows when they opened for the Crue on their greatest hits tour. I have it autographed by the band.