Moronic Ebay Sellers

...my costs are $9 1st class international, ( I have to purchase a padded envelope for this and the shipping is $8.00 from my post office and the envelope costs $1.19)

...priority in the U.S. is $5.45, and the box for that can hold 4 cd's in jewel cases, and many without jewel cases...

I have a suspicion you are shipping from a 3-rd party service (grocery store, shipping center) and they overcharge you.

If you ship directly from USPS office the rates are as follows:

One CD with jewel case in bubble envelope via 1st class international is $4.50 (very seldom it may go to $5.40 if the weight is over 5oz - mega-fat booklet of over 20 pages, etc.)

USPS priority rate in the U.S. for up to 1lb is $4.60

The bottom line for most buyers: is the cost of shipping plus the item cost worth it or not....if not you don't bid.....but it still amazes me when I see ridiculous shipping costs and I can't help but think these sellers are NOT making much off their auctions when they scare off potential buyers with high shipping.... I just picked a PC game for $1 but the shipping was $19.80.....I bid $1 because the game was worth $20-$21 to me.....

The majority of those "sellers" are the ones which saw the TV commercials with overly-happy soccer moms working part-time from their computers and making $10,000 per month by "going to this website".

When a gullible person goes to "this website", they sell him a special guide "how to become eBay millionaire overnight" and one of the best tricks and hints in the guide is to shaft product price into the shipping cost... it is a psychological trick just like "$0.99 no reserve auctions" so people will feel going for a bargian, while in the end they will pay a lot more.

No, I ship from my local post office, no 3rd party involved..the rates from my zipcode are as listed in my previous post....

...my costs are $9 1st class international, ( I have to purchase a padded envelope for this and the shipping is $8.00 from my post office and the envelope costs $1.19)

...priority in the U.S. is $5.45, and the box for that can hold 4 cd's in jewel cases, and many without jewel cases...

I have a suspicion you are shipping from a 3-rd party service (grocery store, shipping center) and they overcharge you.

If you ship directly from USPS office the rates are as follows:

One CD with jewel case in bubble envelope via 1st class international is $4.50 (very seldom it may go to $5.40 if the weight is over 5oz - mega-fat booklet of over 20 pages, etc.)

actually from my zipcode it cost $4.85 for priority up to 1 lb in the U.S., but I add delivery confirmation always....

actually from my zipcode it cost $4.85 for priority up to 1 lb in the U.S., but I add delivery confirmation always....

That's strange. According to the USPS site $4.60 is a flat rate. I just shipped a package to New York, which is about the farthest domestic distance I can get from here, and it was $4.60

What is your zipcode? I'm just curious to see if there is a discrepancy.

You should print priority labels online through paypal or www.usps.com, they include delivery confirmation for free (and only $0.18 for media/first class).

I feel the buyer's pain, but if the sellers are making a living on eBay, they DO have to consider the time, materials, etc. That's why there is a handeling portion associated to the shipping cost. Time is money after all, and if a seller doesnt consider a proper compensation for the 5 minutes he will be spending filling customs forms and packing the items, he will be starving pretty soon. Not to mention the eBay and PayPal fees, which are big part of the equation and NEED to be considered by the seller.

Having said that, such mark ups idealy SHOULD be included in the item's price, but given the eBay's nature it has developed as a practice. As T-bone said it doesnt really mater if you buy a CD for $5 with $5 shipping, or for $2 with $8 shipping - it will cost you $10 either way. Nevertheless, the wast majority of the buyers WILL prefer to buy the $2 one, and this is exploited by the eBay sellers.

I totally agree with you, Ive been a seller for the last 8 years on ebay, My shipping is pretty reasonable, but there is alot of things a buyer doesnt realize, costs include- shipping envelopes, cd cases (I put a brand new case on every cd I sell) Paypal fees,ebay selling fees, gas,packing tape,bubble wrap, etc. I charge 4.00 to ship in the USA. Im barely making enough to pay for my supplies at that price. All I can say is if you dont agree with the shipping costs , then dont buy it, go find another one with less shipping. I really hate it when someone emails me with " why did you charge me 4.00 when it only cost you 2.50? I email them back and tell them that they bid on the item,the shipping was clearly stated.so by bidding on the item you then agree to the terms. I dont get many emails like that,just once in a while.

actually from my zipcode it cost $4.85 for priority up to 1 lb in the U.S...

prior-mail1.jpg

You need to talk to your local post office clerk to figure out where those $0.25 overcharge come from

As Michael states under his location he does live "out in the sticks".

actually from my zipcode it cost $4.85 for priority up to 1 lb in the U.S...

prior-mail1.jpg

You need to talk to your local post office clerk to figure out where those $0.25 overcharge come from

I have talked with them till I am blue in the face, they just turn the monitor around and show me what it says....priority mail from my location ....$4.85 priority mail.....maybe the difference is the type of box I use? I use mostly the flat rate box that costs $4.85, I can put in more cd's in this one so I use it....I really can only go with what they charge me here....what it costs everyone else in other locations does nothing to help me here where I live....

also, I am considering only shipping my international packages via global priority, I have had several packages lately arrive 2 months late, or not at all, but only when using the 1st class international option.........it costs more but global priority makes it in 5-10 days usually.....

I use mostly the flat rate box that costs $4.85, I can put in more cd's in this one so I use it....

But you see, there isnt a priority flat rate box that is $4.85... all flat rate boxes are $8.95...

http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm

I use mostly the flat rate box that costs $4.85, I can put in more cd's in this one so I use it....

But you see, there isnt a priority flat rate box that is $4.85... all flat rate boxes are $8.95...

http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm

sorry, I guess you are under the impression that every USPS office has exactly the same supplies..... my local shop has a stash of these $4.85 ones leftover, I have 4 left sitting here, I also have the $8.95 ones too......you must realize that some post offices still have large quantities of boxes that the larger post offices don't use any longer, but they are still good and usable....so until they are gone, I have access to the $4.85 ones...but they are not on their website.......do you still have more questions on how my local shop runs???

sorry, I guess you are under the impression that every USPS office has exactly the same supplies..... my local shop has a stash of these $4.85 ones leftover, I have 4 left sitting here, I also have the $8.95 ones too......you must realize that some post offices still have large quantities of boxes that the larger post offices don't use any longer, but they are still good and usable....so until they are gone, I have access to the $4.85 ones...but they are not on their website.......do you still have more questions on how my local shop runs???

The boxes may be usable as packing supply, but the flat rate of $4.85 is not valid anymore. It is the same with the small global priority envelopes which were flat $5.25, you still can use them, but have to pay $11 shipping as of today's current rate.

No more questions, that would be all :)

The boxes may be usable as packing supply, but the flat rate of $4.85 is not valid anymore. It is the same with the small global priority envelopes which were flat $5.25, you still can use them, but have to pay $11 shipping as of today's current rate.

No more questions, that would be all :)

sorry bro, but they charge me $4.85, I even check the monitor to see.....not sure what to tell ya on this....