Joan Jett

66 mustang

Haven't heard it in years but I remember the cover of AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" caused a bit of fuss back in the day -- people were either "Wow, what a brilliant idea" or "Wow, that sucked, who the hell does she think she is, she has no business covering that song" ;)

Haven't heard it in years but I remember the cover of AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" caused a bit of fuss back in the day -- people were either "Wow, what a brilliant idea" or "Wow, that sucked, who the hell does she think she is, she has no business covering that song" ;)

I remember liking her version of Dirty Deeds.

"The Hit List" was actually a very well received release almost everywhere but here in America. "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" topped the charts in many countries. JOan said she picked the songs on this release because they were some of her favorite tunes over the decade or so prior to this release. Right after the release of this her drummer (Tommy Price) was thinking of leaving to do other things. I tried to talk Gene Barrnett of Dirty Looks into auditioning for the gig.... he decided not to based strictly on the "Dirty Deeds" single. He just didn't like the way it sounded with keyboards in there. Thank goodness Tommy didn't leave and the Blackhearts continue to tour and occasionally release new material.

I dig "The Hit List"... Of course I may be influenced by the fact that the Blackhearts are my favorite band of all time.

• 5 years later...