Black Sabbath:Live At Hammersmith

heaven&hell

Does anyone besides Rick and myself have this cd?

If you don't I suggest hunting it down on Ebay, it's a killer live album IMO, and there were only 5,000 copies made.

My copy is #1314 out of 5,000 copies.

I think it's awesome that a Dio era Sabbath cd is the fastest selling Rhino Handmade release ever. :banger:

Rhino Records has confirmed that the limited-edition "Black Sabbath: Live At Hammersmith Odeon" CD has completely sold out on the day of release. In the nine years of Rhino Handmade (Rhino sub-label), this is the quickest a title has ever sold out.

Released on May 1, the collection features Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice getting hot one December night in London during SABBATH's 1981 tour for "Mob Rules". Previously unreleased, the concert spotlights SABBATH as they storm through 14 of the Dio-era's best including "Neon Knights", "Heaven And Hell", "Children Of The Sea" and "Country Girl". The band also performs several pre-Dio classics, including "Paranoid", "Children Of The Grave" and a white-hot version of "War Pigs".

"Black Sabbath: Live at Hammersmith Odeon" track listing:

01. E5150

02. Neon Knights

03. N.I.B.

04. Children Of The Sea

05. Country Girl

06. Black Sabbath

07. War Pigs

08. Slipping Away

09. Iron Man

10. The Mob Rules

11. Heaven And Hell

12. Paranoid

13. Voodoo

14. Children Of The Grave

Oh heck yeah, as I mentioned earlier great live release! I had no idea it would sell out that fast, I hope some other fans here on the board were able to get there hands on a copy.

Oh heck yeah, as I mentioned earlier great live release! I had no idea it would sell out that fast, I hope some other fans here on the board were able to get there hands on a copy.

I didn't think they'd sell out in a day either. I wonder how much they're going for on ebay?

I didn't think they'd sell out in a day either. I wonder how much they're going for on ebay?

It'll be interesting to see what price they hit, probably nothing too terribly crazy.

Also, I saw you mention you think it's better than Live Evil on the other thread and I agree with you Wes.

I'm hearing that this CD is going for upwards of $50 on eBay already. So nice work to all of you who snagged one!

I'm hearing that this CD is going for upwards of $50 on eBay already. So nice work to all of you who snagged one!

I just checked over at ebay and there's two that are already at $50 with 2 days to go. :omg:

• 4 years later...

I just checked over at ebay and there's two that are already at $50 with 2 days to go. :omg:

Quite the little collectors item this turned out to be. The cd is going for over $100 on ebay now.

Glad they re-issued it with 'the Mob Rules' deluxe version, as I never managed to snag it the first time around. Good recording it is too. :headbanger:

Yes it is cool it got reissued with the deluxe Mob Rules but in some ways it sucks for those that fell for the - "After the 1000 copies are gone their gone". But then again I guess it's a different format so the original is still a collectors item. And yes Jez I agree it's a great recording. I think I might like it better than Live Evil.