SAGE - Knoxville, TN

ksymrtn

The band, Sage, was and always will be one of the best bands around, if anyone deserved to make it to the top, it was THIS band. What a ride, opening for Steppenwolf, Bad Company, and Bon Jovi... It is really a shame Travis decided to break up the band at the height of their success. For those of you who do not know about Sage, I would recommend you trying one of their CD's, although they are a rarity and very hard to come by, if you stumble onto one of them, I suggest you buy it. Their first successful CD was entitled Luv n' Lust, the second hit was State of Mind. The members of Sage were as follows: Doug Shock- vocals, Rob Martin- Bass and vocals, Travis Wyrick- Lead guitar and vocals, Vic Ilagan- Drums. What a stage presence they were and real talent, real musician's with a real passion for their music. The memories are always going to be with me, and I miss the band and the shows very much.....This is my tribute to my husband, Rob Martin... and the band Sage!!!

Rock on!!!!!!!!! :banger:

I heard them on the radio every Sunday night on 103.5 i believe. They were always the best "local" band and i knew that and i'm from Virginia, three hours away. I would have loved to seen what would happened if they would have gotten the attention about 1988, they would have been a big Mtv band. They really take me back to some memories. The song THINK ABOUT LOVE was all over the radio in our area. special memories. shame i never got to see the band. I can't wait to get the second album.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Knoxville is all abuzz with the SAGE reunion show.....If you are anywhere around Knoxville on Friday, August 13th....Blue Cat's in the Old City is THE place to be....Vince Neil will be at The World's Fair Park this same night and it is rumoured he will stop by for a little jam session with the boys from SAGE.....Can hardly wait!!! :headbanger:

Knoxville is all abuzz with the SAGE reunion show.....If you are anywhere around Knoxville on Friday, August 13th....Blue Cat's in the Old City is THE place to be....Vince Neil will be at The World's Fair Park this same night and it is rumoured he will stop by for a little jam session with the boys from SAGE.....Can hardly wait!!! :headbanger:

WOW! That's incredible! Congratulations!

Hope everything turns out well and a good night is had by all!

:drink:

I just hope he's still sober at that point... let him mess up his own set! <_<

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

That's good!

(And sadly, it is very true as well. Maybe that's why it's funny and unfunny at the same time.)

Still, dasa good one!

Sage is kinda hoping he is drunk at their show, that way he will look like a fool (and he is, hope I am not offending anyone...but hey) They are prepared to play some Crue toons with him if he decides to show up... :banger:

Oh, and I will have some "SAGE GREATEST HITS'' cd's after the show tonight, I have some thank you's to return...You know who you are, so be looking in you snail mailbox in the next week or so........... :drink: Any one who would like to purchase one, it is $5...yep that's right, just 5 bucks, all the proceeds go to charity......so just PM me and let me know...I am so ready for this show, tell you all about it tomorrow!!!!! ROCK ON......... :headbanger:

Kickass! I just know Rob & the boys are gonna rock the f'n house tonight! :banger::drink:

Kickass! I just know Rob & the boys are gonna rock the f'n house tonight!  :banger:   :drink:

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooooo wish I could be there too Kimberly!!!! :crying:

Y'all have a BALL!!!!! :banger:

And...........OMG.........Mike.........I need one (or five) of your "Fukidol's" too!!!

I've taken 'bout a whole bottle of 'em over the last 24 hours.....finally getting numb to the pain! :crazy:

Gonna have to break out Luv N Lust when I get home this evening....I'll be there in spirit Kimberly! :lol:

Cool, Thanks guys....I really wish you could be here, the support of the fans and the amount of people going to the show is overwhelming....I AM SO EXCITED, but a little sad :crying: , but who knows, in their interview with our local paper, Sage says they are not beyond playin' some local venues, now and again.........OMG, the boyz are at the club doin' their sound checks and then the hubby is coming home to get me...I am a nervous wreck, and all I can do is sit here and wait :wacko::jump:

OMG...................IT TOTALLY ROCKED......................We had a tour bus,& I mean A TOUR BUS, sitting outside the club, where all the guys(and the wives, but I was the only one there) just kinda hung out and warmed up before the show...and changed clothes...at 10:30 Sage took the stage to a packed house, and played for 3 STRAIGHT hours, the drum solo, guitar solos, and funking bass solo's were soooo awesome..........finally a show worth paying to see (of course I didnt have to)...we have 30 t-shirts left, and a about 50 greatest hits CD's....SAGE raged, and sounded better than ever.........such a tight band... if they play together again, it won't be anytime soon, Travis Wyrick is off to San Diego for two months to engineer and produce P.O.D.'s new release, colaborating with Mutt Lang, and right after that, he is doing Charlie Daniel's new release...at 2:30 a.m. the hubby and I were loading all the bass gear and cabs, we got home at 3:30 a.m. and believe me when I say WE HAVE BEEN IN BED ALL DAY...............

:blink::blink: We were up way past our bedtime :crazy:

SAGE STILL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::banger:

HA!!! It has been wild since Thursday, it was our wedding anniversary, Friday, it was the Reunion show, and today, It is my birthday.............BEEN TOO MUCH FOR ME TO HANDLE AT MY AGE...........I NEED A NAP............LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :drink:

Hey Mike ~ can I have a few of your pills...... :wacko: