Why would a seller do this?

I don't quite understand why a seller would list the same title 26 different times within the same auction week on Ebay. The cd in question is Fahrenheit - Talking 'Bout Love. They are 2007 reissues, he says they aren't bootlegs, but I don't know if they are or not. Why sell so many at the same time? I don't get it. He has 26 of them for sale right now and in the past 2 weeks had 41 listed that didn't sell. He actually hasn't sold any at all in the past few weeks. So at a cost of 50 cents to list each cd, this would have cost him over 33$ for nothing in return..... OUCH!!!

Here is one of the listings

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fahrenheit-talking-bout...1QQcmdZViewItem

Dave....just to bring you up to speed...the seller is Tony Malchow over in Germany and he is the one who actually did that reissue on Fahrenheit. His label has been doing a few different reissues, such as the recent Douglas "Mad" resissue. He pressed up too many of them and is having a hard time moving them.......hence, he is overdoing it and just listing so many copies because he is trying to get rid of them.....

Instead of just sitting on them and putting out a few here and there, he is just throwing them all over to get rid of them and I guess try to recoup some of his investment.

Almost as dumb as that legends*bazaar seller who listed multiple copies of the same Michael Bolton Time, Love and Tenderness and Bulletboys Zaza CDs for $999.99 - discs only, no inserts.

:screwy:

Instead of just sitting on them and putting out a few here and there, he is just throwing them all over to get rid of them and I guess try to recoup some of his investment.

That's understandible, but you dont "recoup" anything the way he does - to the contrary, you just generate eBay fees... which is crazy.

Almost as dumb as that legends*bazaar seller who listed multiple copies of the same Michael Bolton Time, Love and Tenderness and Bulletboys Zaza CDs for $999.99 - discs only, no inserts.

:screwy:

Yeah, now wasn't THAT tempting!! :rofl2:

Should have been called "legends*bizarre" instead. That's business suicide. :screwy: