NICK BLACK BAND "Hollow" CD

Melodic.net labels these guys as modern rock meets LA hair metal attitude. I guess that's not a bad comparison. The band just released a cd for those that are interested. Check out the single "Sorry" as that's the best rocker on their myspace page. Other solid tracks are "Beside You" and "It's Over". I'm curious what other people think of this.

http://www.myspace.com/nickblackband

Haven't been able to hear it yet but I just did a quick checkout runthrough (as it sounds like it should be awesome) and the total is coming up as us$10 delivered to Australia. Could this be right???

Well, after spinning all the songs on the myspace page I've opted not to hand over the $10. It all sounds pretty good - as Chris noted, 'Sorry' is the best - but not really amazing. With the current exchange rate it'd work out to $15, at least, so I might skip it for now.

To be honest, can't hear too much "hair metal" in the songs.

Well, after spinning all the songs on the myspace page I've opted not to hand over the $10. It all sounds pretty good - as Chris noted, 'Sorry' is the best - but not really amazing. With the current exchange rate it'd work out to $15, at least, so I might skip it for now.

To be honest, can't hear too much "hair metal" in the songs.

I haven't shelled out my money for this one yet either. It's so close to being a keeper though. Just a tad more magic and they'd have really had something here. I'll probably just end up downloading their single "Sorry" from Itunes and call it a day. I'd really like to hear them get signed and work with a big producer.

I had a listen to the samples, quite good but nothing really stood out as being awesome. At the moment there is so much music on my want list that it has to kick lotsa ass to get me interested. Still the songs aren't band and I'd recommend other modern hard rock fans at least give the samples a try.