Autumn's Child - Tellus Timeline

Stefan

image.thumb.png.22329b2f52e9c6a7ff9934aae4143456.png

New album 'Tellus Timeline' out December 20th in Japan, early 2024 elsewhere.

Tracklisting:

1 A strike of lightning
2 Gates of paradise
3 Here comes the night
4 We are young
5 Around the world in a day
6 On the top of the world
7 This is goodbye
8 Juliet
9 Come and get it!
10 Never surrender
11 I belong to you
12 Dynamite (Bonus Track)

Edited by Stefan

Like clockwork...  every Christmas there's a new Last Autumn's Dream / Autumn's Child album.

You'd think they'd have a stronger presence with such a large and regular back catalogue, but they seem to come and go with very little fanfare...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2023 at 8:58 PM, EnJayKay said:

Like clockwork...  every Christmas there's a new Last Autumn's Dream / Autumn's Child album.

You'd think they'd have a stronger presence with such a large and regular back catalogue, but they seem to come and go with very little fanfare...

On 10/31/2023 at 10:08 PM, J.S.M said:

They don't even have a facebook account. I think they could be bigger than they are. I usually really their music and the singer is great. Looking forward to it.

I wonder if they're just a studio band? Do they tour? Are Last Autumn's Dream still active? I recall in the past he was doing an album for each of them in a short space of time, but don't recall recent LAD albums? 

Anyway, new album seems a bit more eclectic than usual? There is some real absolute garbage on here, like 'Around The World In A Day' and 'Come And Get It!' No one should ever have to hear songs like that, under any circumstances. 'I Belong To You' is a very bad closer too. 

On the flipside, though, there's always a bit of class with solid melodic rock like 'A Strike Of Lightning,' 'Juliet' and my pick of the album, 'We Are Young.' Nice songs. 

I know (or assume) this wouldn't be true, but it's almost kind of like they release albums with an intention to avoid the fanfare. They'd have to know that no one's really paying much attention to music at this time of year and by the time everyone sort of gets back into the groove there's new releases and their album's been bypassed again. I'd almost have to assume it's an intentional move to keep it quiet, otherwise they'd surely have to change their strategy, surely? 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Anyway, new album seems a bit more eclectic than usual? There is some real absolute garbage on here, like 'Around The World In A Day' and 'Come And Get It!' No one should ever have to hear songs like that, under any circumstances. 'I Belong To You' is a very bad closer too

I love "around the world in a day". I think it's a surprising idea to have 3 different choruses in one song. "Come and get it" seems to be the weakest song in my opinion. Especially because the vocals aren't always in time (that was a huge problem on the last album. This time I could hear it in only a few songs). "I belong to you" is another song that I love. It's just a very plain good mood song but with nice melodies and choirs. I like that they always have songs that are very different from the usual AOR stuff. The first three songs are very good also.

This album, to me, is better than their last one. Zenith is still my favourite.

I don't think they ever play live. I ansolutely don't understand their strategy.

• Like 1