KINGOFTHEHILL - "II" (2023)

AlphaMale

KINGOFTHEHILL – ‘II’ (Second unreleased album FnA Records release) [2023] *Exclusive*

BY VARIOUS SOURCES -- FEBRUARY 7, 2023

KINGOFTHEHILL - 'II' (Second unreleased album FnA Records) [2023] *Exclusive* - full

In 1990, KINGOFTHEHILL (KOTH) signed a major label record deal with SBK Records (a subsidiary of EMI Music). Scoring popular MTV Music videos for “I Do U” and “If I Say” and continuous touring throughout 1991 with White Lion, Trixter, Lynch Mob, Steelheart, Extreme, etc, KOTH were digging their heels in deep climbing the burgeoning walls of the life of Rock-n-Roll stars.

Fast forward 2023, KOTH have reunited with all original members, lead singer Frankie Muriel, Jimmy Griffin (Guitar), Vito Bono (Drums), and George Postos (Bass), and inked a deal with FnA Records to release two albums.

One of ’em, titled “II” contains tracks recorded 1991-92 that were slated to be on the band’s sophomore release, which never did happen as the music landscape changed almost overnight.

KINGOFTHEHILL frontman Frankie Muriel says ““We are so excited for KINGOFTHEHILL to join the FnA Records family and finally have the opportunity to give the fans a chance to hear these long-bootlegged albums – after all these years the way they were intended to be; and to revisit the vault and release unheard material”.

This St. Louis, Missouri-based four-piece hard rock outfit began life on the local club circuit as a covers band – Initially known as Broken Toyz, the band gradually introduced original material into their set, until the demand for their own songs allowed them to drop the cover versions entirely.

They signed a recording contract in 1990, and, having adopted the name KingOfTheHill, recorded their self-titled debut with Bang Tango producer Howard Benson. The album mixed party metal in the grand Van Halen style with funk influences, while also touching on AOR, with vocal harmonies that echoed Bon Jovi.

The opening single, ‘I Do U’, as well as the second single “If I Say”, had major rotation on MTV and crossed over to the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. With major backing from their record label the band spent much of 1991 on the road touring with White Lion, Trixter, Lynch Mob and Steelheart in the USA, and received a rapturous reception as Extreme’s guests on their autumn UK tour.

This, the band’s first live work outside their own country, served to sharpen their performing abilities, with the charismatic Muriel becoming the visual focus of the band, drawing comparisons to both David Lee Roth and Prince, not least for his multiple costume changes throughout each show. (contributors get the album today)

Tracklist:

01 – Hands on You
02 – Save it for Yourself
03 – Coming Up
04 – Better U
05 – Tonite
06 – Lisa
07 – What Kind of Man
08 – What U See (Is What U Get)
09 – Mama
10 – Just A Little Bit
11 – This Love is Free

Frankie Muriel (Vocals)
Jimmy Griffin (Guitar)
Vito Bono (Drums)
George Postos (Bass)

BUY
fnarecords.net/kingofthehill.html

Edited by AlphaMale

Is this "II" album recorded back in the early 90s or it it recent recordings of songs written back then? I was trying to work that out.

Being partial to Funk Metal, I always enjoyed the debut.

15 hours ago, auslander said:

Is this "II" album recorded back in the early 90s or it it recent recordings of songs written back then? I was trying to work that out.

Being partial to Funk Metal, I always enjoyed the debut.

Unreleased secondf album from early 90's.

One of ’em, titled “II” contains tracks recorded 1991-92 that were slated to be on the band’s sophomore release, which never did happen as the music landscape changed almost overnight.

I've had the demo version of this for many years. Wasn't an official version released in the mid-2000s?

( I prefer the more unpolished demos Over the official release)

https://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=616&CDName=Unreleased