TAO - Prophecy

Stefan

taopropcd921.jpeg

This was better than I expected. Good stuff.

Press release:

NOBODY BUT YOU is the first music video from the British female fronted Melodic Hard Rock Band TAO. The song comes from their debut album ‘PROPHECY’.

TAO, which features Karen Fell (vocals), Chris Gould (guitars) and Dave Rosingana (bass), will release their album “Prophecy” on the 15th of October 2021 via Tarot Label Media.

Track listing:

1. Nobody But You

2. Rock Brigade

3. Angels And Clandestine Fools

4. Breathe In, Breathe Out

5. Fire In The Sky

6. Might Just Break your Heart

7. Prophecy 8. Fight Club

9. Nazarene

10. Gone Forever

The album was produced by Gary Hughes (TEN) and mixed and mastered by Dennis Ward at The TrakShak, Germany. All songs written by Gary Hughes Recorded at The Doghouse Studio, Blackpool, England

Line-up:

Karen Fell – Vocals

Chris Gould– Guitars (ex-Serpentine)

Dave Rosingana – Bass Guitars

Additional Musicians:

Darrel Treece-Birch (TEN) - Keyboards

Brian Webster - Drums

Gary Hughes (TEN) - Backing Vocals and keyboards on "Prophecy" and "Nazarene".

In Chinese philosophy TAO means "The absolute principle underlying the universe, combining within itself the principles of yin and yang, signifying the way, a code of behaviour that is in harmony with the natural order".

Hailing from Edinburgh (Scotland), Cardiff (Wales) and Barrow in England, the female fronted melodic hard rock band TAO is the living proof of the legacy of the melodic hard rock genre in the UK. Bringing together a strong team of individual musicians under the watchful eye and songwriting prowess of TEN mastermind Gary Hughes, this band is poised for great things, with this brilliant collection of songs, under the album title “Prophecy”.

With Karen Fell’s passionate vocals, Chris Gould’s emotional yet furious guitar playing (where it needs to be) and Dave Rosingana’s unmistakable bass tones, this release will definitely hit a soft spot of fans of 80s influenced melodic hard rock in the vein of Heart, Roxette or Pat Benatar.

They have already created promotional videos for 5 tracks from PROPHECY and they will be 'step releasing' these videos in order to promote the album upon release whilst also extending the period of promotion and intensifying the push beyond. “PROPHECY” contains just under an hour of amazing original music performed by 3 truly gifted and unique artists.

www.facebook.com/officialTAOband

• 3 months later...

I liked the first track 'Nobody But You' alot, but the album wore off on me pretty quickly. Basically a new Ten album with Gary Hugh's missus singing. Not bad, but not essential for me

It's not for me either but I liked the first song. Fire In the Sky, not really. I previewed the album on MP3million. Going by these two videos I was hoping the album would be better than it is. Her voice and singing style reminds me so much of Lita Ford it's scary. Guitar solo sounds a bit like Pete Willis. 

C.H.

• 1 year later...