What Do You Think??

Leykis101

I think they were fucking posers and a damn good top 40 band, but some of these are just identical to just dismiss as coincidence

I made this, what do you think??

174244982_237151128195421_4012372723155564050_n.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I think they were fucking posers and a damn good top 40 band, but some of these are just identical to just dismiss as coincidence

Never been a Metallica fan but I think it's a little far fetched. :)

Coincidence, I think not. If it walks like a duck and quicks like a duck its more than likely a duck.

Seriously some of those were far to similar to be considered anything but a rip. Metallica's history, the covers and I assume their Simmonsesque mindset would certainly lend to the confirmation of the plagiarism angle.

And that Venom 1 sheet was nice and I would tend to agree. I also can't even grasp why Diamond Head didn't explode as their catalogue is amazing and not just the covers by Metallica.

On 4/26/2021 at 6:29 PM, Dead Planet said:

I'm a fan of all 5 bands...I'd probably put Slayer at the top but that is just me.....all of the bands have had hit and miss releases, I'd probably only pick 2 or 3 release by each band as being 'must own' music... IMO....

I was merely poking fun at people who call them "the big 4" because they all have their history with a root going to Venom, with Slayer and Metallica being directly rooted to them, Slayer is and has always been one of my favs, Ive seen them live more then any other band outside of Hearts & Hands, ive seen slayer 12 and a half times, Ironically ive seen The Killers 10 times, dont think i'll make it to 12.

On 4/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, All Nights Reserved said:

Yeah, and all the rest of the extreme metal bands. But Venom has its roots too. Talking about evolution.

Well I don't think the point is the roots, as anybody who like myself has lived and died by Venom since I was 5 knows, Venom were die hard Priest fans, what Venom did was at the time original, nobody had done it, at least not well, that's where the problem comes in, most people cant stand Venom, but there's enough deviants out there who like me loved them from the second they heard them, my dad put on Black Metal when I was 5 years old, I was fucking mesmerized, who the fuck was this, loud, obnoxious, satanic, and my mom hated them, WINNER!!! I think it takes a sick twisted person to love Venom, their only goal was to be the fastest loudest most belligerent band ever, I think they did that,

I know Anton very well, he is where I got most of my very rare Venom stuff, when he had finally had it, and decided to be done with Conrad for good, he sent me the rough tracks of what would become the Venom Inc album, I don't enjoy the new Venom stuff, Venom Inc is far superior to anything Venom has done since Resurrection, but what Venom did was successfully take what Motorhead did, fused it with Punk rock, made it satanic, and cemented themselves in history, some of Venom's stories are so over the top, if one of the band members hadn't had told me, I'd have said bullshit, they did everything wrong, the right way, LOL, if you don't know the story of Welcome To Hell, they were put with a top 40 producer, after the album was finished, Conrad stole the masters, and replaced them with the demos, and that's what was sent to print, they actually wanted WTH to sound like that, like it was done in a garage, to me that's true rebellion,

• 6 months later...

Somebody on HH sent me a dvd of these guys many years ago and I cannot remember who it was, this singer is phenomenal.

• 3 months later...

OK how about these?