new place to trade mp3s

OK, this thing is NOT working.  :cussing: I zipped my file and tried to upload it but the page and the upload keep timing out.  I tried it on Win200 and WinNT... nothing works.  :doh:  I was able to download with no problem, though.

There are times when the server load is pretty huge but if you were doing this late at night that shouldn't be the case. When you say timing out do you mean you were getting an actual message or was the little gray upload box changing into a "cannot connect" white page? If that's the case, your file is still being sent, but when the gray box refreshed it just didn't come up as the gray box. I usually give it a few minutes and put my cursor over the box and right click and choose refresh and the box comes back again. It has happend to me numerous times and I thought the file had timed out but it is really still going. Hope that helps.

OK, this thing is NOT working.   :cussing: I zipped my file and tried to upload it but the page and the upload keep timing out.  I tried it on Win200 and WinNT... nothing works.  :doh:  I was able to download with no problem, though.

There are times when the server load is pretty huge but if you were doing this late at night that shouldn't be the case. When you say timing out do you mean you were getting an actual message or was the little gray upload box changing into a "cannot connect" white page? If that's the case, your file is still being sent, but when the gray box refreshed it just didn't come up as the gray box. I usually give it a few minutes and put my cursor over the box and right click and choose refresh and the box comes back again. It has happend to me numerous times and I thought the file had timed out but it is really still going. Hope that helps.

I thought that might be the case, but I just checked the Outbox and it says I haven't sent anything. Now I've got another problem... MJ sent me a few zipped files and each time I try to open it I get a message that the file doesn't exist. WTF??? :cussing: And I KNOW there's something there - it downloaded the whole file! I give up... I'm going back to good old CDR's. :fun_84:

I thought that might be the case, but I just checked the Outbox and it says I haven't sent anything.  Now I've got another problem... MJ sent me a few zipped files and each time I try to open it I get a message that the file doesn't exist.  WTF???  :cussing:  And I KNOW there's something there - it downloaded the whole file!  I give up... I'm going back to good old CDR's.  :fun_84:

YOU and me both!!!!

Rick.....when you zip your files, do you go through WinZip? I right click....go to "Send To" then click "Compressed (zipped) Folder"......then it does it's 'thing'. How simple is THAT? Soooooooooo..........why the heck ain't it a workin'?????

I really DON'T wanna give up.....I'm stubborn like that......but DANG!!!!

:blink::wacko::hammer::wacko::blink:

I thought that might be the case, but I just checked the Outbox and it says I haven't sent anything.  Now I've got another problem... MJ sent me a few zipped files and each time I try to open it I get a message that the file doesn't exist.  WTF???  :cussing:   And I KNOW there's something there - it downloaded the whole file!  I give up... I'm going back to good old CDR's.  :fun_84:

I right click....go to "Send To" then click "Compressed (zipped) Folder"......then it does it's 'thing'. How simple is THAT? Soooooooooo..........why the heck ain't it a workin'?????

That's same problem I'm having on this computer (laptop)... my home computer actually zipped the file but then wouldn't upload. :doh:

I thought that might be the case, but I just checked the Outbox and it says I haven't sent anything.  Now I've got another problem... MJ sent me a few zipped files and each time I try to open it I get a message that the file doesn't exist.  WTF???  :cussing:   And I KNOW there's something there - it downloaded the whole file!  I give up... I'm going back to good old CDR's.  :fun_84:

I right click....go to "Send To" then click "Compressed (zipped) Folder"......then it does it's 'thing'. How simple is THAT? Soooooooooo..........why the heck ain't it a workin'?????

That's same problem I'm having on this computer (laptop)... my home computer actually zipped the file but then wouldn't upload. :doh:

:lol: You realize the guys are gonna say it's 'cuz we're girls............right???? :lol:

:lol: You realize the guys are gonna say it's 'cuz we're girls............right???? :lol:

Nah, we just call 'em I D ten T errors......replace the ten with '10'...... :fun_84:

When I used Winzip to create an archive:

1. Open Winzip.

2. Click the New Button

3. Navigate to where I want the zip file to end up and press Ok

4. In the Add window, I select everything I want to be in my zip file, and cliick add.

5. Close my Winzip window and Voila (Violin..?), I have a zip file.

To verify, go to the destination directory, and double-click it. It should show the contents. The files should obviously be larger than 0 bytes.

On the upload part, I'll give it a try later tonight when I'm at home.

I think it's 'cuz you are both girls. :P

MJ I don't use Winzip to zip my files, I just use the Windows zip program that comes with Windows XP. Haven't had any problems with it that I can think of but it sounds like you are using Winzip properly.

Christine--do a search for the zip file you just downloaded. If you saw it download then it's on your computer somewhere. When you downloaded from dropload it may have been showing a different location without you knowing it and it's somewhere else on your hard drive. Regarding the outbox not showing anything as being sent, check the Outbox again at dropload because they have been having problems with the Inbox and Outbox showing things that don't exist or don't show anything at all. Occasionally I get a message in my inbox saying that I have downloaded all the files and it won't let me access them even though I know they are new and I haven't even looked at them yet let alone download them. So I go back a few minutes later and everything is back to normal.

The Dropload site is new and has A LOT of bugs so be patient with it because I guess the people that run it are aware of it and are trying to fix the problems. But I agree, it's almost not worth the trouble. :freak:

Ok....so then by the sounds of it we ARE doing everything correctly?

Sooooooooooooooo.........it's NOT because we're girls......we just have the COHONIE'S to admit we're getting errors......y'all strong and silent types just sit back and let US work it out!!!! :P

Ok.....gonna give it another shot. But I'm still stocking up on CDrs. <_<:lol:

Christine......gonna try the MS both ways again (it's 28,915 KBs....watch for that number.....lol......God knows how many 6. something files I've sent ya!!)..... WinZip and the XP thing.

fingers crossed....... :banana:

Ok....so then by the sounds of it we ARE doing everything correctly? 

Sooooooooooooooo.........it's NOT because we're girls......we just have the COHONIE'S to admit we're getting errors......y'all strong and silent types just sit back and let US work it out!!!! :P 

Ok.....gonna give it another shot.  But I'm still stocking up on CDrs. <_<:lol:

Christine......gonna try the MS both ways again (it's 28,915 KBs....watch for that number.....lol......God knows how many 6. something files I've sent ya!!).....  WinZip and the XP thing.

fingers crossed.......  :banana:

It worked!! :banana::multi::dance:

Now if I can manage to get my file to you... :rolleyes:

OK, I figured out the problem - the file I was sending was on a disc, so I sent it to MyDocs, then zipped it. It works on the laptop, but not my machine at home - the wireless system seems to be interfering. :fun_84:

Edited by Christine