As I Lay Dying - Shaped by Fire

Geoff

image.thumb.png.f71e4de5e1cc5dac93f41f2cd8e4bc2b.png

Anyone else getting their face slapped around by this one? In the past they've been pretty standard metalcore type stuff with all screams and not much else. This album, however, has some really cool and catchy metal tunes on it. 

Here's a few of my faves;

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The fact you even bother to give this shit a chance always amazes me.

Said the man that follows a religion?

Like I usually say in these threads, there's a time and a place. Sometimes you just want your face torn off by music, for whatever reason, and this stuff is perfect for it. I guess it surprises me a bit how far I've come, but I love this stuff above. Needs those killer choruses, though, or I'm not interested. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Said the man that follows a religion?

Like I usually say in these threads, there's a time and a place. Sometimes you just want your face torn off by music, for whatever reason, and this stuff is perfect for it. I guess it surprises me a bit how far I've come, but I love this stuff above. Needs those killer choruses, though, or I'm not interested. 

I was commending you, dumbass. ;}

Usually, when a band releases six albums that are not my thing I don't decide to check out their next album to see if they've changed. I always let you put in the work. 

18 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I was commending you, dumbass. ;}

Usually, when a band releases six albums that are not my thing I don't decide to check out their next album to see if they've changed. I always let you put in the work. 

Haha, nice commendation. ;)

Yeah, I know what you're saying but I have seen many times where a rock/metal band has, for want of a better term, "sold out" and had a stab at "commercial success" and thus recorded an album with melody to try and appeal to the masses. Which is where I chime in. 

Think of artists like Cher, Alice Cooper, even Aerosmith to a degree... I dunno, there's a million bands from the genres we like that have sucked for the most part and randomly produced one good album. These new modern bands are just the same in another era. Especially the ones you can hear potential in, you always keep an ear out, just in case.

Out of curiosity, you dig any of the tunes above? I actually find them pretty awesome... not just decent. I know they're harsh as a ballsack across the face, but the choruses are killer. 

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha, nice commendation. ;)

Yeah, I know what you're saying but I have seen many times where a rock/metal band has, for want of a better term, "sold out" and had a stab at "commercial success" and thus recorded an album with melody to try and appeal to the masses. Which is where I chime in. 

Think of artists like Cher, Alice Cooper, even Aerosmith to a degree... I dunno, there's a million bands from the genres we like that have sucked for the most part and randomly produced one good album. These new modern bands are just the same in another era. Especially the ones you can hear potential in, you always keep an ear out, just in case.

Out of curiosity, you dig any of the tunes above? I actually find them pretty awesome... not just decent. I know they're harsh as a ballsack across the face, but the choruses are killer. 

I haven't actually got around to listening to them. Will do that now. 

But, what I wanna know is, is there someone recommending you give something a try, because their style may have changed, or do you really slog through hours of shit albums to find that one?

Nah, no recommendations for me. I just go on vibes and if I get a sense something may be interesting. I'm convinced I miss far more than I actually find, which a lot of new threads here make me realise.