To The Rats And Wolves

Geoff

Wowser, just realised I'd actually not created a thread for one of my most enjoyed albums of the year so far. It's been in my top 10 since day one and only going up (while others go down). Once again, the screams will put a lot of people off, but I pretty much love their new album, 'Cheap Love.'

To-The-Rats-And-Wolves-Cheap-Love-Artwor 

1. Cheap Love
2. Therapy
3. All The Things
4. Never Stop
5. Friendz
6. Look What You Made Us Do
7. True (feat. Trevor Wentworth)
8. Cure
9. Famous
10. B.I.C.
11. Down

This is my favourite song, more or less all clean vocals (and a great voice at that);

One of the weirdest chorus arrangements I've ever heard, and I don't "get it" but I love the shit out of this song (again, all clean [awesome] vocals);

Another beauty, full of clean vocals;

At this point you're probably wondering why I haven't shared this flawless melodic rock band with the forum. Well, their authentic sound is closer to stuff like this (which I still love, but it probably harder, vocally, for most to take);

I also recently checked out their discography, which is a lot heavier than the new album, but some awesome stuff to be found on their previous albums too;

Yes the videos with clean vocals are fantastic. 'All the things' and 'True' in particular.

If you ask me, I am not a fan of screaming vocals but those songs with screams are pretty darn good too. 'Suburban Romance' is one hell of a song, a monster! Love it.

16 hours ago, Ponen said:

Yes the videos with clean vocals are fantastic. 'All the things' and 'True' in particular.

If you ask me, I am not a fan of screaming vocals but those songs with screams are pretty darn good too. 'Suburban Romance' is one hell of a song, a monster! Love it.

Yeah, I'm like anyone else regarding the screams, but bands like these definitely make you question whether it's a deal breaker or not. As I've said elsewhere, there is definitely a time and place in a musical journey, where stuff like that is exactly what I want to be hearing. 

And yeah, I agree with you about 'All the things' and 'True.' Two of my absolute favourite songs of 2019. Simple and inconsequential as it is, the "Can't believe I let you go" parts in 'All the things' are the catchiest moments of a song I'm yet to hear this year. ;) 

Edited by Geoff

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I'm like anyone else regarding the screams, but bands like these definitely make you question whether it's a deal breaker or not. As I've said elsewhere, there is definitely a time and place in a musical journey, where stuff like that is exactly what I want to be hearing. 

Ya you are right. For the longest time I couldn't stand the sound of modern rock music. The only band I really liked was The Goo Goo Dolls and a handful of modern rock songs. Never did I ever imagine that I would one day fall head over heels in love with songs from bands like Faber Drive, Silly Fools, Trust Company, Hinder, The Donots, Cauterize, Adelitas Way, The Used, Hedley etc etc But that's what it is, have embraced the genre and now enjoying thoroughly haha..