Bare Knuckle Messiahs, featuring ex-Tigertailz vocalist Kim Hooker

On 6/4/2018 at 3:51 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Sounds more like Tigertailz than Tigertailz do these days.

True, Blast really didn't sound like Tigertailz.  I read that Ace Finchum was going to start a separate Tigertailz group and tour in the U.S. playing their older material.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Got the album today, and while I certainly would not call it on par with Wazbones, it certainly has that kinda feel about it rather than Bezerk or similar.

Much more modern and dark, but with some fantastic guitar work.

A couple of songs I was not sure about on first spin, but get the feeling that they might need a few more spins before they hook in.

Overall I am sure this album wont appeal to everyone here, but if you liked Wazbones you should at least give it a try. (hell, Cy and Andy are also part of the band, so its actually the whole line up from Wazbones minus Pepsi Tate).

On 10/3/2019 at 6:37 PM, Captain Howdy said:

Got the album today, and while I certainly would not call it on par with Wazbones, it certainly has that kinda feel about it rather than Bezerk or similar.

Much more modern and dark, but with some fantastic guitar work.

A couple of songs I was not sure about on first spin, but get the feeling that they might need a few more spins before they hook in.

Overall I am sure this album wont appeal to everyone here, but if you liked Wazbones you should at least give it a try. (hell, Cy and Andy are also part of the band, so its actually the whole line up from Wazbones minus Pepsi Tate).

I think you did a good job describing this, some tracks remind of Wazbones, just not as melodic, unfortunately only a few tracks clicked for me after the first spin, but I'll give it another listen to see if it grows on me

Funny thing is. I kinda thought the same after first spin, but when it came to picking some songs to stick in my rock playlist I ended up sticking 7 out of 10 songs into it, so I guess more clicked than I realised.