Withem - The Unforgiving Road

Stefan

12719333_1008561202533264_55325560698542

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of Norwegian progressive metal band WITHEM for the release of the band’s sophomore album, “The Unforgiving Road”.

Inspired by the likes of Symphony X, Pagan's Mind, Dream Theater, and Circus Maximus among others, Withem started in 2011 when Øyvind Voldmo Larsen (guitars) and Ketil Ronold (keyboards) met the gifted drummer Frank Nordeng Røe. Soon they were joined by the voice talent Ole Aleksander Wagenius. While on the debut album bass duties were taken care of by the special guest Andreas Blomqvist from Seventh Wonder, now the band has Portugal-born Miguel Pereira fully integrated as the bassist in their lineup.

Withem’s music incorporates elements of progressive metal, symphonic metal and straightforward heavy metal. Creative virtuoso musicians, together with the unique vocal abilities of Ole Aleksander Wagenius, give the band a much-needed distinctive touch to stand out in the progressive metal scene.

The band states: “We were overwhelmed with the reviews and reactions we received worldwide on our first album, and we couldn’t wait for the next Withem chapter to take place. We pretty much set a goal for a follow-up soon after ProgPower USA 2014. Soon after we started the writing process, and entered the studio in January 2015 to pursue that “difficult second album”. We are extremely happy that we could join forces with Frontiers Music Srl and "The Unforgiving Road" will hopefully leave our listeners with a smile on their faces. We tried to stick to our guns when it comes to keeping a strong melodic approach to each song, while taking advantage of the unique abilities of every instrument. Overall we feel that the sound and production has evolved into an even more mature and modern landscape and we can’t wait to share The Unforgiving Road with our friends and fans!”

www.withemsite.com

/www.facebook.com/Withemband

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2024 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2024.

11% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Roll On Down the Highway-BTO
    • I feel like the fans voting would result in more songs from the first two albums.
    • Looks like a pretty nice compilation to me. That said, this sort of stuff doesn't interest me at all anymore.  There was probably a time it would've but now it's just too easy to make your own playlists in spotify to bother.  
    • Thankfully newer songs are at a minimum, but I really can't see fans voting for stuff from the new album even if they were the two best songs on that album
    • Final track listing revealed. Time to see if it is a genuine vote or the band/label putting in shit from the newer albums DISC 1 1 Livin' On A Prayer リヴィン・オン・ア・プレイヤー 2 It's My Life イッツ・マイ・ライフ 3 Born To Be My Baby ボーン・トゥ・ビー・マイ・ベイビー 4 These Days ジーズ・デイズ 5 In These Arms イン・ジーズ・アームズ 6 Always オールウェイズ 7 Have a Nice Day ハヴ・ア・ナイス・デイ 8 Runaway 夜明けのランナウェイ 9 You Give Love a Bad Name 禁じられた愛 10 I'll Be There for You アイル・ビー・ゼア・フォー・ユー 11 Keep The Faith キープ・ザ・フェイス 12 Bed Of Roses ベッド・オブ・ローゼズ 13 Bad Medicine バッド・メディシン 14 Wanted Dead or Alive ウォンテッド・デッド・オア・アライヴ 15 Blood on Blood ブラッド・オン・ブラッド 16 Legendary レジェンダリー DISC 2 1 Never Say Goodbye ネヴァー・セイ・グッドバイ 2 Someday I'll Be Saturday Night サムデイ・アイル・ビー・サタデイ・ナイト 3 She Don't Know Me シー・ドント・ノウ・ミー 4 Lay Your Hands On Me レイ・ユア・ハンズ・オン・ミー 5 Dry County ドライ・カウンティ 6 This Ain' t A Love Song ディス・エイント・ア・ラヴ・ソング 7 Wild Is the Wind ワイルド・イズ・ザ・ウィンド 8 Tokyo Road TOKYOロード 9 Everyday エヴリデイ 10 I Believe アイ・ビリーヴ 11 I'd Die for You アイド・ダイ・フォー・ユー 12 Living Proof リヴィング・プルーフ 13 Bounce バウンス 14 We Weren't Born To Follow ウィー・ワーント・ボーン・トゥ・フォロー 15 Something for the Pain サムシング・フォー・ザ・ペイン 16 One Wild Night ワン・ワイルド・ナイト DISC 3 1 Raise Your Hands レイズ・ユア・ハンズ 2 Living in Sin リヴィング・イン・シン 3 Thank You for Loving Me サンキュー 4 Last Man Standing ラスト・マン・スタンディング 5 Undivided アンディヴァイデッド 6 Lost Highway ロスト・ハイウェイ 7 Wild In The Streets ワイルド・イン・ザ・ストリーツ 8 Just Older ジャスト・オールダー 9 Because We Can ビコーズ・ウィー・キャン 10 This House Is Not For Sale ディス・ハウス・イズ・ノット・フォー・セール 11 Who Says You Can't Go Home フー・セズ・ユー・キャント・ゴー・ホーム 12 Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars キャプテン・クラッシュ&ザ・ビューティー・クイーン・フロム・マーズ 13 Only Lonely オンリー・ロンリー 14 I Am アイ・アム 15 Burning For Love バーニング・フォー・ラヴ 16 Hey God ヘイ・ゴッド 17 Stick To Your Guns スティック・トゥ・ユア・ガンズ 18 Any Other Day
    • New song 'Angelina (Talk To Me)'.    
    • New song 'No Angel'.    
    • As long as they stick with the stuff I enjoy I don't mind...ill enjoy what I enjoy and they can release stuff that others may enjoy...win win for them. As Captain H pointed out other labels have already done this...they don't wanna be pigeonholed as one genre I suppose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.