Silver - Idolized

Stefan

1544354_725010530901812_2547811634837292

From FB:

We are pleased to announce the forthcoming release of the sixth Album from SILVER, entitled “Idolized” on 24.10.2014!

The SILVER history began in 2001 when Gary Barden (MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP, PRAYING MANTIS, STATETROOPER) and Michael Voss (CASANOVA, BONFIRE, MAD MAX, DEMON DRIVE) first met and started to join forces with Andreas Broon (SISTERS OF MERCY/DORO) to write the songs for the legendary first SILVER album.
Don Airey on keyboards (DEEP PURPLE, OZZY OSBOURNE, RAINBOW, MSG, GARY MOORE), Bernie Torme on guitars (GILLAN, OZZY OSBOURNE) and Marco Minnemann on drums (H-BLOCKX) completed this first line-up.

Now, after 5 successful albums and a very short Break of nearly ten years it's time for a brandnew record! Once again producer Michael Voss team up with songwriter genius Andreas Broon and those guys are really diggin' for gold!

The Billy Idol style rocker "Hope" is the perfect journey into the glorious 80ies. With the empathic opener "Sarah" or the duet with german musical star Michaela Schober on "Drag us down" the SILVER guys add a new dimension to their sound – very british – very cool – something unexpected!

SILVER also comes up with a song that's a classic radio hit, a song that definitely needs to be released as a single – "Counting".

Following 5 Albums with Gary Barden on Vocals, the new album “Idolized” offers a change in that Michael Voss takes over all vocal duties for the first time. Voss also performs all instrumentation on “Idolized”

Special Guests are Lisa Middelhauve (Ex – Xandria) and Michaela Schober.

10675625_739289189473946_645399971321841

Disc 1 - Idolized
1. Sarah
2. She Said
3. Trust Me
4. Hope
5. Drag Us Down
6. You Gave It Away
7. Wave,
8. Rooms,
9. Counting
10.And If You´re Leaving

Disc 2 - The Very Best Of Silver
1. Silver (Silver)
2. Sister Love (Silver)
3. Christine (Silver)
4. Head Or Heart (Dream Machines)
5. Never Again (Dream Machines)
6. Forever (Dream Machines)
7. Bleed (Intruder)
8. Drowning (Intruder)
9. I Don't Love You Anymore (Intruder)
10. Angeline (Addiction)
11. This Is My Life (Addiction)
12. You Are Mine (Addiction)
13. All That I Wanted (Gold)
14. Easy (Gold)
15. Daydream Believers (Gold)

• 4 weeks later...

Following 5 Albums with Gary Barden on Vocals, the new album “Idolized” offers a change in that Michael Voss takes over all vocal duties for the first time. Voss also performs all instrumentation on “Idolized”

For anyone like me who was thinking of giving this one a miss, pay special attention to this paragraph. I've enjoyed Silver to an extent, but I never liked Barden's "gothicy" voice.

This album is an excellent surprise with Voss on vocals. It could almost pass as a new modern Casanova album at times, rather than a typical Silver disc. For it seems Voss has saved all the best songs for himself. Yeah, even if you never liked Silver, but are a fan of Michael Voss, be sure to check this out. Great to hear Voss on something good again!