Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Jacob M.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/29/eva-green-mpaa-sin-city-2-poster/

Sin-City-Eva-Green_612x907.jpg

I just heard about this yesterday. Apparently this poster is causing quite the stir. I kind of like it. Eva Green is more than enough reason for me to watch it. There must have some sort of clause when she signs on for a project. She takes her clothes off in almost everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yea, it crashed and burned...I think it came in 8th at the box office on its opening weekend. OUCH! Haha.

The fact that it was released in the dead of August was a pretty clear sign that they didn't have much faith in it. August is traditionally a "dumping ground" month for movie studios....cuz by then all of the big summer blockbusters have run out of gas, and they're throwing whatever leftover crap they've got laying around out to theaters to kill time till they can start cranking up their Oscar bait "prestige" movies in the Fall.

If memory serves it's been a good 8 or 9 years since the first "Sin City" too, I'm sure that didn't help much either. Not exactly striking when the iron is hot. :rofl2: