Habit Of Force. Anyone else love this band?

Sick_Of_It_All

Since I'm fairly new I dunno what the criteria is for a thread in here but I absolutely love this band & try to pass the word about them any chance I get lol. I don't do facebook but a buddy of mine a few months back told me he heard of HoF on there & told me I should check them out. I did some googling & found their site. I was mesmerized. I am a fan of bands like Pantera, Texas Hippie Coalition, Hell Yeah etc... This band is similar to all of those but to me oh so much better. For one thing they post their albums as they make them on their site as free downloads which is pretty cool. Then after doing some research on them I find out they're huge video game geeks & play at video game tournaments after which they give everyone a badass concert for free. I dunno I guess to me it just makes them much more approachable & normal seeming.

header.jpg

Here is my favorite song they do & what I think is a badass video

Since I'm fairly new I dunno what the criteria is for a thread in here but I absolutely love this band & try to pass the word about them any chance I get lol. I don't do facebook but a buddy of mine a few months back told me he heard of HoF on there & told me I should check them out. I did some googling & found their site. I was mesmerized. I am a fan of bands like Pantera, Texas Hippie Coalition, Hell Yeah etc... This band is similar to all of those but to me oh so much better. For one thing they post their albums as they make them on their site as free downloads which is pretty cool. Then after doing some research on them I find out they're huge video game geeks & play at video game tournaments after which they give everyone a badass concert for free. I dunno I guess to me it just makes them much more approachable & normal seeming.

Criteria? I don't think there are any criteria to be honest. Speaking of this particular heavy metal forum, just post anything that's heavy enough, I'm sure you're gonna get some reaction. Good or bad it doesn't matter, keeping things alive 'round here...

We need new members on this message forum to keep things fresh. So keep up the work ;)

Back to Habit Of Force, not really my cup of tea but I'm sure someone else will like it.

Criteria? I don't think there are any criteria to be honest. Speaking of this particular heavy metal forum, just post anything that's heavy enough, I'm sure you're gonna get some reaction. Good or bad it doesn't matter, keeping things alive 'round here...

We need new members on this message forum to keep things fresh. So keep up the work ;)

Back to Habit Of Force, not really my cup of tea but I'm sure someone else will like it.

I guess what I really meant was format. I read through a few other threads to see how other people start threads. When I'm new to forum I always tread a little lightly & learn the dynamic as I go. I know there are set rules required by the admin to be followed but, I also know that the long standing regulars always have ways they think things should be done. I never like to upset people unnecessarily.

But thanks for the post.

Btw you say they're not your cup of tea... did you only listen to the video clip? Already have experience with them? I'm curious because if you listen to their albums on the site you'll find they don't just have a specific sound.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jugjuice

Not bad at all, good musicians for sure. My preference though is for less "grungy"vocals sort of closer to melodic. I think this band with a singer like say James LaBrie of Dream Theater or Brad Arnold of 3 Doors Down and my cash would flow freely! Thanks for posting.

I'm pretty much a metal lover along with all the other styles I listen to. I started getting into the video track you posted. Nice solid foundation ........ then the vocalist!!! Got to agree with jugjuice above......the grungy vocals were just not my cup of tea.

• 3 weeks later...

Not bad at all, good musicians for sure. My preference though is for less "grungy"vocals sort of closer to melodic. I think this band with a singer like say James LaBrie of Dream Theater or Brad Arnold of 3 Doors Down and my cash would flow freely! Thanks for posting.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. The vocals are one of the main reasons I like the band. And that's the main reason I hate Dream Theater lol. 3 Doors Down? C'mon really? They're one step from being a teenage boy band lol