The Last Vegas - Aug. 30 (yes, tomorrow), Minneapolis, MN

Jeff

That was my first time at Povs65 (not to be confused with the other Povs in Andover).

It is old, pretty wide open bar. Crowd varies, the bar is off center, poker tables, dart boards, a lot of pool tables, pull tab and other gambling going on at a booth. Then to the other side is a small stage (the 5 man band fit up there decently though), small dance floor then some tables and booths behind the dance floor. Decent lighting, decent sound. A shorter way to describe it is a dumpy old, large bar...but perfect for a smaller setting with a band like TLV! :)

As for TLV, they were awesome, both in performance and in personality! Similar to the Crashdiet show (but different venue) there were not a lot of people....maybe 50 or so.

The first 1-2 songs they had some audio/technical troubles with feedback, couldn't hear vocals over the instruments and some reverb that made us cringe....but about song 3 they had it figured out and then played their asses off. Lead singer sounded great. Fun bunch of guys too...they were hanging out by a pretty decent merch table ahead of the show, then after the show around the bar until bar close taking pics, autographs, chatting people up...man those guys can talk, except for the drummer, he is a bit shy, smiles a lot and will talk if you lead the conversation. Other guys totally talk your ear off...the guitarist wanted to talk everything from Grain Belt beer, to Wild and Blackhawks hockey, to Packers versus Bears, who wrote Evil Eyes, his girlfriend, getting pizza in Chicago, how the police in Chicago don't have time to deal with drunk drivers in Chicago, etc....funny stuff. I got the definite impression they love their fans and appreciate them very much. I picked up their cd Seal The Deal. They said it was out of print but the dug some up, $10, autographed it....so that was a bonus for me, I didn't know it existed.
I also talked to John the promoter of the show (who brought Crashdiet and bringing Killer Dwarfs this year too). He said he is working on another Crashdiet visit and he will get The Last Vegas up here again, no doubt he said.
TLV told me they played the Harley Davidson Fest in Milwaukee yesterday, along with Halestorm. They also said they are coming back to Milwaukee for an out door festival on Sept....20th I think, I'd have to doublecheck that, its the Saturday.
Killer Dwarfs will also be out in Fargo/Moorehead, MN the night before, Sept 13 I think. The problem with the 14th for me is a bunch of buds including Chad from the boards here are heading just north of the cities to Hinkley, MN for Rocktember, a Saturday event with Trixter, Skid Row, Lita Ford, Warrant, Kip Winger, L.A. Guns, Dokken, Firehouse.
Never seen KD and would like to, but the all day show is gonna be a blast too. Decisions, decisions.

That was my first time at Povs65 (not to be confused with the other Povs in Andover).

It is old, pretty wide open bar. Crowd varies, the bar is off center, poker tables, dart boards, a lot of pool tables, pull tab and other gambling going on at a booth. Then to the other side is a small stage (the 5 man band fit up there decently though), small dance floor then some tables and booths behind the dance floor. Decent lighting, decent sound. A shorter way to describe it is a dumpy old, large bar...but perfect for a smaller setting with a band like TLV! :)

As for TLV, they were awesome, both in performance and in personality! Similar to the Crashdiet show (but different venue) there were not a lot of people....maybe 50 or so.

The first 1-2 songs they had some audio/technical troubles with feedback, couldn't hear vocals over the instruments and some reverb that made us cringe....but about song 3 they had it figured out and then played their asses off. Lead singer sounded great. Fun bunch of guys too...they were hanging out by a pretty decent merch table ahead of the show, then after the show around the bar until bar close taking pics, autographs, chatting people up...man those guys can talk, except for the drummer, he is a bit shy, smiles a lot and will talk if you lead the conversation. Other guys totally talk your ear off...the guitarist wanted to talk everything from Grain Belt beer, to Wild and Blackhawks hockey, to Packers versus Bears, who wrote Evil Eyes, his girlfriend, getting pizza in Chicago, how the police in Chicago don't have time to deal with drunk drivers in Chicago, etc....funny stuff. I got the definite impression they love their fans and appreciate them very much. I picked up their cd Seal The Deal. They said it was out of print but the dug some up, $10, autographed it....so that was a bonus for me, I didn't know it existed.
I also talked to John the promoter of the show (who brought Crashdiet and bringing Killer Dwarfs this year too). He said he is working on another Crashdiet visit and he will get The Last Vegas up here again, no doubt he said.
TLV told me they played the Harley Davidson Fest in Milwaukee yesterday, along with Halestorm. They also said they are coming back to Milwaukee for an out door festival on Sept....20th I think, I'd have to doublecheck that, its the Saturday.
Killer Dwarfs will also be out in Fargo/Moorehead, MN the night before, Sept 13 I think. The problem with the 14th for me is a bunch of buds including Chad from the boards here are heading just north of the cities to Hinkley, MN for Rocktember, a Saturday event with Trixter, Skid Row, Lita Ford, Warrant, Kip Winger, L.A. Guns, Dokken, Firehouse.
Never seen KD and would like to, but the all day show is gonna be a blast too. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the review of the show & venue. I plan to go see Killer Dwarfs on the 14th. Dokken, Lita Ford, Sebastian Bach, were just down here in southern MN w/ Ratt a couple of weeks ago. Since I have not seen the Killer Dwarfs or Modern Superstar live, plus KD are selling their new CD at the shows.

Rocktember sounds like a blast. Heard good reviews on Trixter and their live show.

• 1 month later...