Suicidal Tendencies - 13

JamesEagle

Are there any other ST fans on here? I think they were amazing in the late 80s and early 90s, but then went a bit rubbish. The new album, which is basically just 'Mike Muir and some blokes' really sounds like a return to form. A couple of tunes from the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5pwRAdqmYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnz1numkA0g

Anyone else liking this?

Last album I really liked was "Lights., Camera, Revolution" I kinda lost interest after that, but this new one sounds promising.... :tumbsup:

Whoa! 'Lights, Camera, Revolution' was a fantastic album, but I think you're seriously missing out on 'Art of Rebellion'. One of my top 20-30 albums of all time. They went rubbish afterwards, but that album was incredible.

The new one does sound like they did 20 years ago, but with better guitar solos.

Loved me some ST back in the day. Saw'em live on the Lights, Camera, Revolution tour... they were a total killing machine back then. F*cking BRUTAL.

New stuff doesn't sound bad, but I still miss Rocky George on guitar. That dude could shred.

Loved me some ST back in the day. Saw'em live on the Lights, Camera, Revolution tour... they were a total killing machine back then. F*cking BRUTAL.

New stuff doesn't sound bad, but I still miss Rocky George on guitar. That dude could shred.

Yea and if I didn't break My collar bone I woulda gone to that show too.. Course after hearing how INSANE the pit was I probably woulda broken something else there!! :rofl2:

And gee you don't miss Robert Trujillo on bass??? :whistle:

And gee you don't miss Robert Trujillo on bass??? :whistle:

Well yeah, Robert's bass work did help give Suicidal some'a that funkee flava, but I'm sure his current gig pays him a hella lot better than S.T. ever did. :D

If Rocky aint on it I aint interested, I am a HUGE!! ST Fan, from the ST, all the way up to Art Of Rebellion, how much fucking harder can you rock then Cant Stop? what a fucking killer track, all of Lights Camera, and How Will I Laugh, fuck those are some classics, and a few tracks off the one after Art, with No Fucking Problem, but after that it is all rubbish, complete head case lead singer scared to call it a day, so he runs his legendary bands name into the ground, you know, much like Cronos is doing with Venom, I am an ST junkie, but if theres no Rocky playing on it, I dont even care to give it a try.

If Rocky aint on it I aint interested, I am a HUGE!! ST Fan, from the ST, all the way up to Art Of Rebellion, how much fucking harder can you rock then Cant Stop? what a fucking killer track, all of Lights Camera, and How Will I Laugh, fuck those are some classics, and a few tracks off the one after Art, with No Fucking Problem, but after that it is all rubbish, complete head case lead singer scared to call it a day, so he runs his legendary bands name into the ground, you know, much like Cronos is doing with Venom, I am an ST junkie, but if theres no Rocky playing on it, I dont even care to give it a try.

Yeah, all those ST albums were awesome. And yeah, for me 'No F'ing Problem' was the only worthwhile song after 'Art'.

Try these tunes though, mate, they are good. Honest. It's not Rocky, but the new guitarist sounds pretty good...

• 3 weeks later...

ST without Rocky George, is like putting two tits on a Bull (Pointless).

I find 13 rather boring..

Fair enough. I haven't got it yet, but I thought these songs sounded pretty good.

ST without Rocky George, is like putting two tits on a Bull (Pointless).

I find 13 rather boring..

Fair enough. I haven't got it yet, but I thought these songs sounded pretty good.

Sorry James, not like me to not even take at least a 5 second peak at a song, but it is way more personal for me, I will explain (of course) so you understand that Im not just being a cocksucker, I said not just being one!

When I was just learning to play guitar, my then guitar teacher(and to this day probably the most technically astounding player ive ever heard) booked Rocky George to do a guitar clinic at the store I took lessons at(yes the same place I had the incident with that cunt Piggy Malmsteen) It was all coincided with his own personal guitar line being released, so pretty much every artist who had a contract with Ibanez did a clinic or class at one point or another, but that motherfucker was not only the baddest guitar player i had heard at that point in my life, he sat and hung out and bullshitted with a bunch of 14 and 15 year old white kids for almost 6 hours, he is a very underrated and extremely talented guitarist, and to this day he is in my top 5, and outside of the self titled debut, everything that band has, is absolutely NOTHING!! different from any other band that played in that time era, ok Mike Muir was not the typical vocalist, but that bands sound, originated from the guitar of Rocky George, I could hear a song i'd never heard before, and had no idea who it was, and if Rocky was playing on it, I could immediately point him out, so James, this rant explains in more then great detail exactly why I have no interest in even listening to these samples, because the guy who I listen to Suicidal to hear, isnt on these songs, the previous albums he decided not to take part in, were complete and utter rubbish, I mean that last cd was so completely fucking horrible, I honestly felt a slight hint of shame and pity towards and for Mr.Muir, and complete confusion from my brain, at what he could possibly have let that album be heard by the public for? there is only one answer, at all, and money isnt even something I can honestly say is worth letting people hear that last ST disc, it was just fucking pathetic, maybe Muir, and Cronos should get together and line up a few goals, since they both share pretty much the same vision, to throw quality by the wayside, and just keep the releases coming, they could maybe even work together, and shoot for 3 new releases before 2014! one of each band, and maybe an album of Suicidal Tendencies Vs Venom! there we could get an entire cd split evenly down the middle, delivering at a perfect consistancy, 2 legendary bands giving us completely brand new material, and rest assured, it will be of the ST and Venom 2000's, quality, they can call it The 50\50 Shit? so yeah, Ha Ha, god im a fucking goon, go on everyone, tell me what a wanker I am, and that im bloody mad.