Fozzy - Sin And Bones

Stefan

This release from 2012 has received some good reviews, this review from www.ultimate-guitar.com.
Pretty cool release!

fozzy-sinandbones.jpg

"Sound: So, it's the 5th album of Fozzy and its mind-blowing as hell. After great releases like "All That Remains" and "Chasing The Grail", they have created yet another one hell of an album. This is probably the most musically complete and after listening all the songs, you could see how they have matured, in terms of creating songs. If you're a fan of the 80's heavy metal and hard rock bands (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard) you'll definitely love it. Chris Jericho recently stated that he wanted this album to be their "Black Album". I really hope that they find commercial success with this 'cause they really deserve it and after hearing this album, I will say that they're one of the best metal bands out there right now. // 9
Lyrics and Singing: As I stated above, this is their most musically complete album yet. I will give you an in-depth take on all songs.here's the breakdown of all the songs of "Sin And Bones":

01. "Spider In My Mouth" - The opening track starts with a very haunting theme. The intro really pumps you up for this song and for this album as well. The verse is a good one, which features a good heavy riff.It has a catchy chorus. The bridge is very heavy too. This song will be a great crowd pleasing song and one of my favorites of this album as well.

02. "Sandpaper" (Featuring M. Shadows) - the lead single features vocals from Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows. The song is definitely very catchy. The vocals of Jericho and Shadows match superbly. it has a great solo as well. I expect this song to be a regular in Fozzy concerts.

03. "Blood Happens" - One of the heaviest and trashiest song. Rich Ward has put some great work in this one. The chorus is great in this one. The verse is good too.

04. "Inside My Head" - One of the few ballads of this album. This song really reminds you of Def Leppard and Jericho sounds a lot like Joe Eliott. The verse is soft one and it feature a great guitar plucking. The chorus is breath-taking. I really love the guitar work and vocals in this one. It feature a great guitar solo in the end. Rich Ward really proves that you don't need a fast and complicated guitar solo for a guitar solo to be great. My personal favorite song of this album and easily, one of the best Fozzy songs ever.

05. "Sin And Bones" - The title track is a heavy one. This song and "Blood Happens" is very similar. Again, it has great guitar works and Jericho seems to have the right vocal balance on this one.

06. "A Passed Life" - The other ballad of this album. This song seems like a hybrid of U2's "Love Is Blindness" and Iron Maiden's "Wasting Love". The verse is very unsettling and haunting. Jericho's vocal performance is very good, I really like his voice in the heavy chorus. It has some very good clean guitar work. The song pumps up in the end. One of the best songs in this album.

07. "She's My Addiction" - Another catchy and and a crowd pleasing song. This has a 80's feel to it. It features some great guitar solo from Motorhead's lead guitarist Phil Campbell.

08. "Shine Forever" - The opening riff and song as whole, has a groove metal feel to it. Jericho is too awesome in this one with high pitch and low pitch vocals. Guitar and bass works are lovely too.

09. "Dark Passenger" - The Intro and verses and are very haunting. The chorus is good. The bridge is good too which feature heavy riffs and drummings with a small guitar solo.

10. "Storm The Beaches" - The 12 minute epic song, felt a bit out of sorts to me. I really loved "Wormwood" which in my opinion, is the best Fozzy song ever. But this song is no where near that. Jericho tries to connect all type of emotions in this one with his vocals. It's song pretty progressive. But I really loved the chorus and I loves the guitars works by Rich Ward.

The lyrics are very good too. This is Jericho's best vocal performance to date. His voice has a touch of Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson and Def Leppard's Joe Elliot. // 9
Impression: I have been following Fozzy for a long time now. I have always loved their work. Thus, I had great expectations for this album and Fozzy even managed to exceed my expectations. To me, this one of the best metal albums of this decade. They really proved the critics who thought is was just an average band founded by a professional wrestler and a rap metal guitarist. "Inside My Head" and "A Passed Life" are the best songs in my opinion. But I loved "Spider In My Mouth", "Shine Forever", "Blood Happens" too. They're probably isn't a bad song in this album, but "Storm The Beaches", "Dark Passenger" is probably the weaker songs in there. But, overall I loved it and I really hope Fozzy gets the success they greatly desire. Because they deserve it. // 10"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEbXnhgYYYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjlscDkQrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUMD9llkf2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lb2NmqlC1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqxfT4mvyx8