Firewind - Between Heaven And Hell

AlphaMale

Just pulled this disc out today and forgot how truly awesome it is. I kinda stopped following Gus G. after all those bands he left at once. I loved the first couple Dream Evil discs, and I also liked Nightrage's disc with Gus. But there is something awesome with Stephen Fredrick's vocals and the band's backbone. This is one killer metal disc.

Anybody else love this disc??

Awesome CD. I also loved the first few Dream Evil CDs. Never heard the Nightrage CD, what's it like?

Nightrage was more on the lines of melodic death metal. Still pretty killer though. I'll upload it and send you the link so you can check it out.

Dude i still remember the day i got it in the mail, and stuck it in my home stereo, I hadn't heard even a sample of it, just ordered it because of the band members, the second that 1st track kicked in, i felt the sub woofer rattling in my heart and head, and I got the cold chills shooting through me a million miles an hour, then the double bass kicked in and i was pretty much kicking shit in my front room over jumping across the room to it, yep id say I remember this disc, I also remember nothing else they did even being remotely close to it, about the same feeling I got when i 1st popped in D.S.G. Ashes, unbelievable,

Dude i still remember the day i got it in the mail, and stuck it in my home stereo, I hadn't heard even a sample of it, just ordered it because of the band members, the second that 1st track kicked in, i felt the sub woofer rattling in my heart and head, and I got the cold chills shooting through me a million miles an hour, then the double bass kicked in and i was pretty much kicking shit in my front room over jumping across the room to it, yep id say I remember this disc, I also remember nothing else they did even being remotely close to it, about the same feeling I got when i 1st popped in D.S.G. Ashes, unbelievable,

Yeah man.... I got it because of Dream Evil. I heard Gus had another band in the same vein, only not as cheesy as Dream Evil and I had to check it out. I also agree I don't think any of their releases since have been of the quality of the debut. I am going to listen to all of them again just to see what would rank as second best. I am thinking "Burning Earth" with Fredrick on vocals. What have they had now, 3 singers?

Yeah man.... I got it because of Dream Evil. I heard Gus had another band in the same vein, only not as cheesy as Dream Evil and I had to check it out. I also agree I don't think any of their releases since have been of the quality of the debut. I am going to listen to all of them again just to see what would rank as second best. I am thinking "Burning Earth" with Fredrick on vocals. What have they had now, 3 singers?

No I think 4, 3 have been on albums, their original singer was some dude named Brandon I think, then Fredrick, then Chitral, and finally the dude from Time Requiem, who I think fucking blows, but you know that's just my opinion, Fredrick by far the best one.