Furyon: "Gravitas" review

My review of UK-based heavy rockers Furyon's new album ("Gravitas") is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Furyon review

To be blunt, an infuriating album, with a couple of killer songs surrounded by a whole bunch of failed potential.

Did not want to hear that. I just purchased the CD(still sealed sitting on my shelf). Had high hopes for this release. Thanks for the review though.

Did not want to hear that. I just purchased the CD (still sealed sitting on my shelf). Had high hopes for this release. Thanks for the review though.

Well, keep in mind that a review is just one person's opinion. Glance around the Internet and you'll see this album is getting all sorts of lavish praise, so apparently plenty of people like it. I'm just not one of those people. ;)

Just picked this one up....haven't heard it all the way through, but I read your review Mark, and at this point **still have a half dozen or so songs to go**, I don't agree wholeheartedly. I really enjoyed their EP that was released with Classic Rock last year, and all of those songs are on the disc....so...we'll see.

Just picked this one up....haven't heard it all the way through, but I read your review Mark, and at this point **still have a half dozen or so songs to go**, I don't agree wholeheartedly. I really enjoyed their EP that was released with Classic Rock last year, and all of those songs are on the disc....so...we'll see.

Yeah, this is one of those albums that despite my dislike of it, I can certainly understand others taking a shine to. I'm certainly not one of those elite, snobby reviewers who think my opinion is the end all-be all. It's my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. So I hope you like it better than I did; hell, I hope EVERYONE likes it better than I did, because as I mentioned at the end of my review, this is a good band with tons of talent...I just didn't like this album.