Amaranthe

Glen

Yeah I did listen to some of their tunes last night. Strange one, kinda power metal with some cheesy euro-vision choruses, not to mention some obvious use of autotune. Not surprised the scandi's love this, but they're not exactly Nightwish are they? (before they decended into ridiculous film soundtracks) I'm intrigued enough to order this one though, so thanks for the post...

Yeah I did listen to some of their tunes last night. Strange one, kinda power metal with some cheesy euro-vision choruses, not to mention some obvious use of autotune. Not surprised the scandi's love this, but they're not exactly Nightwish are they? (before they decended into ridiculous film soundtracks) I'm intrigued enough to order this one though, so thanks for the post...

This album is better than the last Nightwish album tho ;-)

Yeah, it is what it is....but there are some good hooks.

This album is better than the last Nightwish album tho ;-)

Yeah, it is what it is....but there are some good hooks.

Yeah and I like the aggressive vocals combined with the cheesy choruses. It's definitely better than the latest Nightwish, but then that is like the soundtrack to a kids fairy tale rather than a metal album. Look forward to getting it through the post....

They have been massive in Sweden since the album was released. The most funny part is that people here in Sweden that says that they are real "Hardrockers" and can´t stand MHR because they think it´s cheesy really like Amaranthe and think they are so much more hard rock since they have a lad that´s crowling and a clean hardrock voice. It would have just been enough to have the clean vocals and the girl, but than they would have been so popular. Their choruses are even cheesier than they were in Euro disco of the nineties.

I actually can´t stand this band, although hunger is a great song. It is so commersial, It´s like putting a kind of boyband together just to sell loads of albums. Why bother to have a growler in there? Just so it would appeal to people who just can´t stand anything else than hard music. Hell it´s even more poppier than ABBA. They have been in other harder bands earlier like Dreamland, Dragonland, Cipher System.

Sorry about that lads. Just my two.... Sometimes you really get it out of your system ;)

Here is another band in the sort of same league. They were in the Eurovision qualifying race here in SWeden together with Dynazty. They made it to the final and Dynazty didn´t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeoeHsUWOsc

Songs from The singer Jake´s old band Dreamland which I think is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fIhK3vmBE0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRAMZS265-Y&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyoQgS-QDtY&feature=related

They have been massive in Sweden since the album was released. The most funny part is that people here in Sweden that says that they are real "Hardrockers" and can´t stand MHR because they think it´s cheesy really like Amaranthe and think they are so much more hard rock since they have a lad that´s crowling and a clean hardrock voice. It would have just been enough to have the clean vocals and the girl, but than they would have been so popular. Their choruses are even cheesier than they were in Euro disco of the nineties.

I actually can´t stand this band, although hunger is a great song. It is so commersial, It´s like putting a kind of boyband together just to sell loads of albums. Why bother to have a growler in there? Just so it would appeal to people who just can´t stand anything else than hard music. Hell it´s even more poppier than ABBA. They have been in other harder bands earlier like Dreamland, Dragonland, Cipher System.

Sorry about that lads. Just my two.... Sometimes you really get it out of your system ;)

Here is another band in the sort of same league. They were in the Eurovision qualifying race here in SWeden together with Dynazty. They made it to the final and Dynazty didn´t.

Thanks, will check out the other bands. Amaranthe definitely have some cheesy choruses going on there, but then a lot of the other swedish melodic death metal bands do too (Sonic Syndicate, Scar Symmetry etc). Frankly they're definitely not as good as those 2 bands, talent-wise, but they still sound pretty okay to me...

Thanks, will check out the other bands. Amaranthe definitely have some cheesy choruses going on there, but then a lot of the other swedish melodic death metal bands do too (Sonic Syndicate, Scar Symmetry etc). Frankly they're definitely not as good as those 2 bands, talent-wise, but they still sound pretty okay to me...

she looks better as well........ :tumbsup: