Need help with a song, ladies.

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

It's been a while...

So, I dug up my old iPod, and managed to recover my music from it. The iPod is really buggy. It constantly freezes, and, when it does work, it takes a few minutes before it plays a song. But, thankfully!, I managed to save a lot of music I haven't heard in years.

There is one mixtape in particular my friend gave me. For the longest time it was completely untitled. My friend gave it to me at the beginning of my Hard rock/metal journey. I was able to figure some of the tracks then, and now have all but one, thanks to Soundhound. I just can't get this last song. Soundhound says it's Deep Purple, but it most definitely is not. I tried Googling lyrics to no avail, I even guessed possible song titles on the main site, cross-referencing via YouTube. No luck. So I'm gonna do my best to describe the song you lot, and I have no doubt you'll know it. I have a feeling it isn't very obscure--I just have a lot to learn still.

The voice is so bloody familiar, too!

I opens with: Lead vox: "You say you want it" Backing vox: "You say you want it" Then gang vox: "WELL COME AND GET IT, RIGHT NOW!"

Intro instrumental.

First verse goes something like this: "Walking down the streets at night, I know I (can't come in? - I think). This fire burning deep inside. This weakness now begins." Backing vox: "I don't feel like waiting." Lead vox: "Ooh, I'd like to set you free." Backing vox: "I'm anticipating" Lead vox: "Ooh, the things you do to me."

Chorus: "You say you want it. You need a lover right now. (You gonna need it? - I think). Ooh, I'll show you how, baby."

Then into second verse and the rest of the song.

Like I said, I'm sure this won't be a problem for most of you. Thanks a lot.

Peace

Nolan

• My Little Pony

It is a song titled "Need A Lover" by Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down. :aw:

Yup. That's the one. Thanks a lot.

It is a song titled "Need A Lover" by Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down. :aw:

Good work Kevin. I find it really hard to get songs from lyrics without music, so I'm impressed when people can do it, especially when it's not a really well known song. :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

Good work Kevin. I find it really hard to get songs from lyrics without music, so I'm impressed when people can do it, especially when it's not a really well known song. :tumbsup:

You know, there are so many song games on this site, but these type of questions are the only real game for me. It's very challenging, and it tests your knowledge of music much more than connecting song names. Even if my knowledge is still minimal.

You know, there are so many song games on this site, but these type of questions are the only real game for me. It's very challenging, and it tests your knowledge of music much more than connecting song names. Even if my knowledge is still minimal.

True, but it's also about how you recognise music. I find that sometimes I don't recognise a well-known song from lyrics, but I can pick up a more obscure song from the first couple of notes. I'm sure it's to do with learning styles, representational systems, etc... :unsure:

• My Little Pony

True, but it's also about how you recognise music. I find that sometimes I don't recognise a well-known song from lyrics, but I can pick up a more obscure song from the first couple of notes. I'm sure it's to do with learning styles, representational systems, etc... :unsure:

I completely agree, which makes the 'game' all the more challenging when there are only lyrics--and in this case, half-assed lyrics.

I completely agree, which makes the 'game' all the more challenging when there are only lyrics--and in this case, half-assed lyrics.

Thanks guys... I am pretty hard to stump. Most of my friends think there is something very wrong with me. I love any kind of music trivia.