PARADISE LOST - Tragic Idol

zacharyamelie

New Paradise Lost called Tragic Idol coming out in April. Seems to be following the sounds of the last few releases, if it all sounds like the single this is going to be one heavy release that is similar to the bands most successful albums from the 90's 'Icon' and 'Draconian Times'.

Here is the first single called 'Crucify'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOizj811ur8&feature=related

I'm one happy fanboy, I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

• 2 months later...

I just got this one in the mail today. Being a fan of the band for nearly 20 years and yes liking basically all of their releases, even the synth pop era of 'Host' and 'Believe In Nothing', the new one 'Tragic Idol' is a killer release. Since the bands 2005 self titled release, they have really put out some killer doom/goth metal.

If you've enjoyed the bands previous releases, you'll love this, no doubt.

Draconian Times was in my top 10 the year it came out and then they altered their sound completely to some kind of pop/rock shit....this new one sounds like a return to the good days... :headbanger:

For me 'Draconian Times' was the beginning of the end. Yeah, it was good and had a few nice tunes on it, but it was a lot more comercial than 'Icon' and not nearly as good. 'Icon' is one of the few perfect albums I've heard, an absolute classic. Having said that, the return to their heavier sound on 'Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us' was fantastic. One of the best albums of the last few years imo, so that bodes well for the new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to a few tracks from this one and I'm hugely impressed. Definitely a 'must buy' for me. Awesome.

Just listened to a few tracks from this one and I'm hugely impressed. Definitely a 'must buy' for me. Awesome.

It's fantastic!!!