Elm Street: "Barbed Wire Metal" review

metalmaniac777

My review of the '80s-inspired Australian heavy metal band Elm Street's debut album, "Barbed Wire Metal," is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Elm Street review

Fans of that oldschool metal sound--I'm lookin' at you, Fat Freddy!--need to check this out ASAP.

Fans of that oldschool metal sound--I'm lookin' at you, Fat Freddy!--need to check this out ASAP.

Yeah, they definitely sound like my kinda meat. Will have to keep the name in mind. Nice review too by the way.

Yeah, they definitely sound like my kinda meat. Will have to keep the name in mind. Nice review too by the way.

I think you'd like 'em. As stated in my review, the lyrics are fairly cheesy, but not any worse than many a metal band back in the '80s. And hey, they have songs about Freddy Krueger and Leatherface...how can an '80s horror movie afficiando such as yourself even try to resist? :P

• 10 months later...

This one sneaked under my radar. Sounds really good.

Some very positive reviews online in addition to the one posted above:

http://www.metalcryp....php?revid=7379

http://www.metal-tem...reet-barbed.htm

("Almost perfect"!!! :shocked:)

For a limited time until November 30th, you can buy this CD, among many others, for only $5 bucks here: http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/

Very tempting. If I can find another Stormspell CD I really want, I think I'll go for this....

Any recommendations?

Emm, melodic metal fans could have picked STUTZ, TARRGA, BRIAR, CONQUEST, or the new killer GALAXY GROUP EP but it's a mute point now as the webstore is closed until January 15th...

In my case, I was very tempted, but the finances are really tight, so had to leave it. I'm not really a huge Melodic Metal fan, more a fan of stright-up Heavy Metal, which is how I'd describe Elm Street. I've had some good stuff from you, so I'm sure I could find more for the want list.

Are you away for a few weeks?

Yes, I'm off to Europe for severeral weeks becase even with my current health insurance of $400/mo (which apart from collecting my cash has proved to be pretty useless peice of %@#$) the "wonderful" US health care system is such a rip-off I cannot afford the tests I need without adding a second mortgage to the house...

Yes, I'm off to Europe for severeral weeks becase even with my current health insurance of $400/mo (which apart from collecting my cash has proved to be pretty useless peice of %@#$) the "wonderful" US health care system is such a rip-off I cannot afford the tests I need without adding a second mortgage to the house...

Sorry to hear about the insurance. Hope the holiday goes well. Don’t suppose you’ll be visiting London? If so I could meet you to buy a copy of that CD… :D