Rob Halford's Spinal Tap Moment

Fat Freddy

Just saw this clip @ another forum... Rob Halford had a Spinal Tap moment during his "Harley Entrace" at a recent Judas Priest show in Brazil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1_jozlOfYk&feature=player_embedded

OUCH!

Gotta give Rob props though, he's a pro. He just shook it off, picked up the bike and kept goin' without missing a note.

Although I betcha when that bike tipped over, he was thinking "Sh*t. This is gonna be all over YouTube before we even finish this song." :rofl:

I think I saw this on Blabbermouth the other day and it's probably not the first time that's happened but it's still funny.

Yeah, it's happened at least once before (years ago, before the Net and cell phone cameras)... I forget where I heard Rob talk about it (their "Behind the Music" episode maybe?) but if I remember correctly, he was riding the Harley out onstage but one of their stage ramps/catwalks hadn't been raised up high enough, so he clocked his head on it as the bike went underneath and he wound up out cold on the stage floor. Ouch!

I think I saw this on Blabbermouth the other day and it's probably not the first time that's happened but it's still funny.

Yeah, it's happened at least once before (years ago, before the Net and cell phone cameras)... I forget where I heard Rob talk about it (their "Behind the Music" episode maybe?) but if I remember correctly, he was riding the Harley out onstage but one of their stage ramps/catwalks hadn't been raised up high enough, so he clocked his head on it as the bike went underneath and he wound up out cold on the stage floor. Ouch!

I'm sure turning that bike over on himself is never a picnic and can be painful but I'd rather have that happen then do what Gene Simmons has done before with sitting his hair on fire.

I'm sure turning that bike over on himself is never a picnic and can be painful but I'd rather have that happen then do what Gene Simmons has done before with sitting his hair on fire.

Gene has set his hair on fire, Ace electrocuted himself once in the '70s, Bobby Blitz has had a stroke onstage... geez, the stage is a dangerous place. Haha.

Just saw this clip @ another forum... Rob Halford had a Spinal Tap moment during his "Harley Entrace" at a recent Judas Priest show in Brazil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1_jozlOfYk&feature=player_embedded

OUCH!

Gotta give Rob props though, he's a pro. He just shook it off, picked up the bike and kept goin' without missing a note.

Although I betcha when that bike tipped over, he was thinking "Sh*t. This is gonna be all over YouTube before we even finish this song." :rofl:

And He would be right.... :rofl2:

Love how He never missed a note,just got back up and continued as if nothing happened.... :headbanger:

Yea the stage can be pretty dangerous too.. I am sure We all remember when Dimebag Darrel was shot and killed on stage almost 7 years ago now..... :crying:

This is the sort of stuff that happens when you get older, can't count the amount of stupid things I've done in the past couple of years!

Doesnt really have anything to do with age. I been riding bikes for years, and every now and again your foot slips or you catch it on something and thats just on the road. Factor in all the cables that are probably on that stage, plus equipment, liquids that might have been spilt etc, and its only expected that every now and again accidents happen.

I mean, it doesnt matter if you are 20 or 70, there will be times you ding your car reversing out of your drive, or trip on a paving stone, so being on a bike is no different.