2 new albums I didn't know were out

hardrockhaven

I was looking around on Itunes and found that Tupelo Honey and Private Line both have new albums out. For those that like Tupelo Honey, be warned that they have a new lead singer. While he's a pretty solid replacement, I prefer their last one. Also be warned that Private Line's new one is nowhere near as good as "Evel Knievel Factor".

I'd seen Private Line around the traps, but I didn't know about Tupelo Honey. Very interesting, will check that out. Thanks for the info.

I got the Private Line last week. Agree it's not quite as good as 'Evel Knievel Factor' but it's far far from disappointing either. The title track and 'Live, Learn & Grow Apart' are both excellent tracks for starters

I got the Private Line last week. Agree it's not quite as good as 'Evel Knievel Factor' but it's far far from disappointing either. The title track and 'Live, Learn & Grow Apart' are both excellent tracks for starters

Yes, "Live, Learn & Grow Apart" was my favorite track and the only track I ended up downloading. And Nightrain, Tupelo Honey is a good indie modern rock/hr band. Their song "Make Me Believe" off one of the older albums is one of the best ballads ever!

• 2 weeks later...

Heard these both the other day, and there's no doubt that the finer album is the Tupelo Honey one.

I like the Private Line album - pretty consistent all the way through with a couple of minor standouts. But credit to Tupelo Honey; despite a couple of average songs, stuff like 'Falling,' 'One Step' and 'Last Thing' (brilliant song) eclipses anything on the Private Line album by light years. To be totally honest, the TH album has really surprised me with the high quality of some of the songs. Recommended. New vocalist goes good too.

Heard these both the other day, and there's no doubt that the finer album is the Tupelo Honey one.

I like the Private Line album - pretty consistent all the way through with a couple of minor standouts. But credit to Tupelo Honey; despite a couple of average songs, stuff like 'Falling,' 'One Step' and 'Last Thing' (brilliant song) eclipses anything on the Private Line album by light years. To be totally honest, the TH album has really surprised me with the high quality of some of the songs. Recommended. New vocalist goes good too.

"Falling" and "Last Thing" were indeed two of the best tracks on Tupelo Honey's new album. But, for me, the top spot would have to go to the ballad "Moment"! Great tune.

"Falling" and "Last Thing" were indeed two of the best tracks on Tupelo Honey's new album. But, for me, the top spot would have to go to the ballad "Moment"! Great tune.

I really need to find those old EPs (sadly I still only have digital copies) to check out this song. Just can't think of it off the top of my head. I do remember 'Morphine' was awesome, though.

I really need to find those old EPs (sadly I still only have digital copies) to check out this song. Just can't think of it off the top of my head. I do remember 'Morphine' was awesome, though.

"Moment" is off of their new release. Its like track 5 or 6 I believe.

"Moment" is off of their new release. Its like track 5 or 6 I believe.

Haha. how silly. Okay, playing it now.

One thing that must be said, is these guys did well with the replacement vocalist. They lost a really great voice in modern rock with that first dude, but the new guy, imo, is about as good a replacement as you could get and really suits the band.

Yeah, this is another nice song, this 'Moment' track. Reminds me a bit of Daughtry. Yeah, great track, love the 2nd part of the chorus.

As I said above, surprisingly good album. Well done to the guys.