Thoughts on new FARCRY

KIVELRECORDS

John,

I do not have the new CD yet, but allow me to say something about HIGH GEAR if I may:

The music, the vibe, the lyrics, the packaging, everything is awesome save for the BRICKWALLED / OVERLY LOUD / TURN IT UP TO 11 mastering.

Yes, I understand this is the norm rather than the exception now-a-days as music is made more for iPod's and or car CD players than a serious audiophile home system, but damn, the compression levels just destroy the music for me.

Yes, I'm a nitpicker, but you asked (even if it wasn't about this particular CD).

Not trying to be a downer, just honest.

Thanks for asking... it's nice that someone actually cares.

Hi John,

Sorry it took so long, but I have a process I go through, before spinning a new release. I do have my own Man-cave (a loft), but during the week is Mrs Junky's time. It's also hard to spin a c.d. with the mrs telling me to turn it down or asking me where a cupcake pan is (Like I bake). So I wait until friday to do my crankin' of the tunes (Wife does a double on friday).

After opening the package, I was immpressed with the layout, photos,and of course the Cover. You have put your heart and soul on this release.

I can't tell you what my favorite or worst song on the c.d. yet, This may even surpass High Gear (Which I thought would be impossible).

Got mine yesterday and I love it. 4 spins so far in 24 hours so that says something. Fav songs so far "Now That It's Over", "Free", "When the Lights Go Down", "Best of Me", "Satisfaction", "Nothing You Can Do", "Over And Over Again". Not a bad tune on here IMO with great playing and great singing(we'll miss you Mark!). Can't wait for round 3 with Mike on vocals and hopefully that is what's being hinted at in that other thread for late 2011 for the songs left off of the album. Great job getting Steve Newman involved on four tunes and nice to see Angelo getting a writing credit on "Free"(this should be a single/video).