Pagans Mind - Heavenly Ecstacy

Glen

Excellent new album. Here are a couple of songs - brilliant vocals, choruses, and in particular awesome guitar solos. These songs are much more accessible than some of their previous stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLI6XmlKc4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4wmp8c_ek

I've heard this album yesterday and my first impression, this is a very good album, though looks like they're going a bit slower and venturing to a more hard rock / melodic metal territory compared to the earlier releases. The progressive element is there, but obvious heavily reduced and spotted in only 2-3 tracks. Around 2-3 fillers / decent tracks, but the rest is enjoyable.

Eager to give this another listen but 8/10 is deserved on the first spin.

The progressive element is there, but obvious heavily reduced and spotted in only 2-3 tracks.

Thanks God for that ;-) & it sounds a whole lot better for it too.

In fact by FAR the worst song is the rambling 'Revelation To The End'.

Elsewhere this is pretty damned good. & the musicianship is awesome as usual!

• 3 months later...

Very good album , one of my favorite in 2011

Agree friend, i also think it's pretty good too :drink:

Wow does anyone else think tho that this trails off badly on the second half.

I mean the first 4-5 songs are all great, but then all sense of melody seems to go out of the window, bar maybe one track.

Decent album, but some way behind 'Gods Equation' IMO.

Very good album , one of my favorite in 2011

Agree friend, i also think it's pretty good too :drink:

Wow does anyone else think tho that this trails off badly on the second half.

I mean the first 4-5 songs are all great, but then all sense of melody seems to go out of the window, bar maybe one track.

Decent album, but some way behind 'Gods Equation' IMO.

on my first impression, i probably think so, but on the third and fourth spins, i found it's pretty good and balance.

two ballads there, 'Live Your Life Like A Dream' and 'When Angels Unite' are awesome, and the rest are good except 'Follow Your Way' is probably weak, and the bonus track one is also passable.

Probably that two tracks, along with 'Revelation' that you found pretty weak, but that 'Revelation' track did grow on me, I found some Dream Theater's passage influence there and the chorus is great I guess, probably too lengthy for some, and yes I agree it's quite too long, shortening itu to 6 minutes will be much better.

I don't rate this one as high as the sky, probably 80% for me is enough to claim this a strong album, might not as good as the earlier album, but band's evolve and i tend to see this one as more commercial approach with less-prog tendency and lean toward more melodic metal.

I like it, some people did, some people don't, that's pretty normal to me :D