morbid angel cd?

huskermetal

I came across a morbid angel- altars of madness cd, Im almost 100 percent sure its an original press, the only problem is that all the first presses of this on ebay show the front of the cd to be black, mine is silver on the front, i dont know if combat/earache did an alternate first pressing on this or not? Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks

I have the 2003 re-iss. (actually 2 copies of it)the "video" information is NOT listed on the rear tray art ONLY on the acuual disc! Otherwise it looks exactly the same as the original...

This is what is mentioned on Encyclopedia Metallums metal archives. Accurate?

This is Morbid Angel's debut album not "Abominations of Desolation", which was recorded in 1986 but not released until 1991.

Original CD version (1989) incl. 4 Bonus Tracks:

5. Lord of All Fevers & Plagues (3:28)

11. Maze Of Torment (Re-mix) (4:24)

12. Chapel Of Ghouls (Re-mix) (4:55)

13. Blasphemy (Re-mix) (3:22)

(Re-mixes: A few guitar solos altered from their original versions)

Re-releases:

2003: incl. "Immortal Rites" Bonus Video

2006: Dual disc incl. "Live Madness '89", recorded on the Grindcrusher Tour at Nottingham Rock City on November 14, 1989 (First 5000 with limited edition replica gig ticket):

1. Immortal Rites (3:55)

2. Suffocation (3:12)

3. Visions From The Dark Side (4:24)

4. Maze Of Torment (5:25)

5. Chapel Of Ghouls / Guitar Solo (6:12)

6. Bleed For The Devil (2:29)

7. Damnation (4:30)

8. Blasphemy (4:27)

9. Lord Of All Fevers And Plague (4:00)

10. Evil Spells (5:10)

Vinyl Re-releases:

1989: Picture Disc

2002: European pressing, ltd. to 1000 copies on black vinyl

2002: USA pressing, ltd. to 1000 copies (700 blue vinyl, 300 red vinyl)

2006: Picture Disc, ltd. to 1500 copies

Cover artwork by Dan Seagrave. Original CD version has 2 different back cover layouts, each with their own specific pictures & organization.

thanks alot for all the info, the cd has the bonus tracks, the only date on the cd is 1989, upc code is 88561 20222, the front of the cd is silver with the morbid angel logo on top and to the right on front of cd is the devil looking guy sitting there, there isnt one on ebay that I could find............

thanks alot for all the info, the cd has the bonus tracks, the only date on the cd is 1989, upc code is 88561 20222, the front of the cd is silver with the morbid angel logo on top and to the right on front of cd is the devil looking guy sitting there, there isnt one on ebay that I could find............

On the cd itself does it mention/refer to the "bonus video track" ? If not I'd say you have yourself an original! And since it appears this disc in its original state has more than one cover...

On the cd itself does it mention/refer to the "bonus video track" ? If not I'd say you have yourself an original! And since it appears this disc in its original state has more than one cover...

it doesnt mention anything about a bonus video track at all, I did a search on google with upc code and all i could find was a relativity records issue. That is all I can find on this, its driving me nuts figuring out what this is

it doesnt mention anything about a bonus video track at all, I did a search on google with upc code and all i could find was a relativity records issue. That is all I can find on this, its driving me nuts figuring out what this is

I'll do some more digging.

Any chance of posting an image of it?

sure, just tell me how to post an image on here?, thanks

After you have the image saved on your computer you have to uplaod it to Photobucket (or similar) then you just copy the image code to your post.

After you have the image saved on your computer you have to uplaod it to Photobucket (or similar) then you just copy the image code to your post.

ok i will try that

yea, thats exactly what I found, it looks to be an original to me, what do you think? and thanks for all the help on this........

I actually found one on ebay for 59.99 thats exactly what I have, someone just listed it in the last few days....

I actually found one on ebay for 59.99 thats exactly what I have, someone just listed it in the last few days....

SWEET!

Now you know it was a GREAT find!

I love shit like that. Enjoy!

SWEET!

Now you know it was a GREAT find!

I love shit like that. Enjoy!

I do too.....nothing like finding an original press for a good price

• 1 month later...

Btw: Anyone heard the new MA disc? WTF happened to this once-great band?

My brother (the big Morbid Angel fan in the family) and I were talking last week and he told me how disappointed he was with the new M.A... he told me to check out some of it on YouTube and daaaaaaamn, it's like they went all "COLD LAKE" on us.

My brother (the big Morbid Angel fan in the family) and I were talking last week and he told me how disappointed he was with the new M.A... he told me to check out some of it on YouTube and daaaaaaamn, it's like they went all "COLD LAKE" on us.

Yeah it kinda is like that. Except "Cold Lake" was actually a fairly reasonable album in it's own right (obvious bandwagon-hopping aside), but this one is total shit. There's even some parts that sound like rapping on them, and others with nu-metal style guitar. The pure Death Metal songs (there are 2) are okay if too generic, but the rest is pretty unlistenable verging on being funny.

P.s. They actually haven't made a decent album in years now, but even the last couple are miles ahead of this....