TIMES OF GRACE "The Hymn of a Broken Man"

TIM (2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdCYjCTdyi8

Not sure if this will appeal to anyone, but this is the return of the ex-KSE vocalist Jesse Leach with current KSE mainman Adam D. Above is a link to "Hope Remains" for an example and check out the totally stunning guitar solo and the big chorus on this one. They're kinda like KSE but with even more melody and sweeping choruses, and plenty of clean-vocals from one of the best vocalists in Metal IMO. He even does a couple of stripped-down acoustic songs on the album (check out the link to "The Forgotten Ones" below - killer vocals). It's fairly generic and won't convert any non-KSE fans, but if you've ever liked any of their songs at all then check this out as it's like a more melodic version of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ko7gb7mehI&feature=related

Yeah, I'm not totally sold on this one, mate. As you say, pretty generic. I didn't mind it but to be totally honest, I actually found the last Killswitch Engage CD a lot more inviting... even with the screams. The choruses are pretty good on this new CD but I'm not sure they do match Killswitch Engage's latest output. And the verses just weren't doing anything for me at all.

It'll probably need a few more spins, but at the moment this is definitely sitting in limbo and I'm not sure it's going to be much of a winner for me personally.

Used a gift certificate I had leftover from Christmas to pick this up the other day after reading about them in HM (Heaven's Metal) Magazine (the lyrics are definitely spiritual, arguably more "Christian" than 80% of the actual Christian modern metal bands out there nowadays). Yes, there are some big, soaring choruses on this CD, but the production is almost TOO melodic, if that makes any sense. About half the album is forgettable throwaway filler, but there are some gems too; in the end, there were 7 tracks I enjoyed, with my favorite being "The Forgotten One," which happens to be one of mellowest songs on the disc but succeeds on the strength of its haunting, melancholic vibe and stellar vocals. No, this is not a masterpiece of an album by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm happy to have the seven tracks I plucked off it.

Used a gift certificate I had leftover from Christmas to pick this up the other day after reading about them in HM (Heaven's Metal) Magazine (the lyrics are definitely spiritual, arguably more "Christian" than 80% of the actual Christian modern metal bands out there nowadays). Yes, there are some big, soaring choruses on this CD, but the production is almost TOO melodic, if that makes any sense. About half the album is forgettable throwaway filler, but there are some gems too; in the end, there were 7 tracks I enjoyed, with my favorite being "The Forgotten One," which happens to be one of mellowest songs on the disc but succeeds on the strength of its haunting, melancholic vibe and stellar vocals. No, this is not a masterpiece of an album by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm happy to have the seven tracks I plucked off it.

Yeah the production is typical Adam D, too much polish and both the harmony vocals and the guitar harmonics are too high in the mix. Exactly why the last KSE album suffered too. Like the last KSE I do skip a fair few tracks on this, but it's worth getting for "Hope Remains", "Willing", "The Forgotten One" and the sheer quality of the vocals IMO...

Yeah the production is typical Adam D, too much polish and both the harmony vocals and the guitar harmonics are too high in the mix. Exactly why the last KSE album suffered too. Like the last KSE I do skip a fair few tracks on this, but it's worth getting for "Hope Remains", "Willing", "The Forgotten One" and the sheer quality of the vocals IMO...

You really like his voice that much? I thought the vocals were pretty awful. :(

You really like his voice that much? I thought the vocals were pretty awful. :(

This is because you know next-to-nothing about heavier music. Not many people do both aggressive and clean vocals as well as Leach IMO, let alone for a Metal singer to be able to do an acoustic number flawlessly...

The links above don't work on my end anymore so I searched it out. Pretty damn good. Its all acoustic but very good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q59jzir_BLw