new MAGNUM disc!

AlphaMale

Has anybody checked this out yet? I am right now and I'm very impressed.

MAGNUM%2B-%2BThe%2BVisitation.gif

1. Black Skies

2. Doors To Nowhere

3. The Visitation

4. Wild Angels

5. Spin Like A Wheel

6. The Last Frontier

7. Freedom Day

8. Mother Nature's Final Dance

9. Midnight Kings

10. Tonight's The Night

Bob Catley - vocals

Tony Clarkin - guitars

Mark Stanway - keyboards

Al Barrow - bass

Harry James - drums

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a huge Magnum fan, but this sounds like they are running out of ideas to me, a little like on the last album. I know they have their token 'Sound' and have always stuck to it, and that is one of the reasons I love this band, but the problem here is they seem to be running out of ideas and the knack of writing at least 2 or 3 classic Magnum songs per album. Time will tell with this one, but so far it is a definite so-so for me.

I'm a huge Magnum fan, but this sounds like they are running out of ideas to me, a little like on the last album. I know they have their token 'Sound' and have always stuck to it, and that is one of the reasons I love this band, but the problem here is they seem to be running out of ideas and the knack of writing at least 2 or 3 classic Magnum songs per album. Time will tell with this one, but so far it is a definite so-so for me.

Yep, gotta agree, unfortunately ! :(

• 2 months later...

Yep, gotta agree, unfortunately ! :(

Yeah, me too. To be honest I kind of struggled with this and was really looking for reasons to hit the skip button during most songs. Anything that started clocking in at over 4mins got the chop and I tried the next song. Unfortunately not much on here worth a listen, though. :(