Rough Diamonds - Lost Generation

JamesEagle

Does anyone know this album? No reviews on HH and I can't find any samples online, but I'm just wondering whether it's worth checking out. Any reviews, comparisons with other bands, etc?

Does anyone know this album? No reviews on HH and I can't find any samples online, but I'm just wondering whether it's worth checking out. Any reviews, comparisons with other bands, etc?

bump.gif

Anyone?

(Got in there quick with one of the new smilies, but really want to know the answer to this question.....)

How'd you come about it? A google search brings up nothing.

It's on the HH site with a high score (but only from one person). Quite elusive, as you say there's nothing online about it.

:doh:

I bought both of their albums not so long ago.

Pretty standard early 90's Hard Rock sound. The vocalist has quite a deep tone, and sounds like he's singing for a heavy metal band. For me, these vocals are probably the weak point of the disc, not because they are in any way bad, but because they seem like they don't suit the music. Some cool songs on here, just one ballad I think and the rest is pretty rockin stuff with plenty of nice guitar solos.

The second album 'It's Up to You' is much harder to find but musically, more of the same. I prefer the first album.