Circle II Circle - Consequence of Power

heaven&hell

Just got this one yesterday and it's pretty good. Not as good as the debut or the 'Burden of Truth' IMO but still very good Melodic Metal that all CIIC and Savatage fans will probably dig. This is probably their heaviest cd so far and the new drummer has added a progressive feel on some songs but Zak sounds great as always. :headbanger:

61yy3iCOvLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cool. I really dug C-II-C's debut, though I honestly wasn't all that crazy about BURDEN OF TRUTH or MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. I dug the last one (DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR) a lot though, if it's closer to that album than the two before it then I shall surely jam :guitar:

Cool. I really dug C-II-C's debut, though I honestly wasn't all that crazy about BURDEN OF TRUTH or MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. I dug the last one (DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR) a lot though, if it's closer to that album than the two before it then I shall surely jam :guitar:

I still don't know how you can't like 'Burden of Truth'.

It's just amazing IMO both musically and lyrically.

Is it the storyline/concept that puts you off?

I dunno if I'd say the concept "put me off," but for whatever reason I never got into BURDEN OF TRUTH or MIDDLE OF NOWHERE very much. I guess cuz I'd loved WATCHING IN SILENCE so much and was hoping for more stuff in that vein.

I dunno if I'd say the concept "put me off," but for whatever reason I never got into BURDEN OF TRUTH or MIDDLE OF NOWHERE very much. I guess cuz I'd loved WATCHING IN SILENCE so much and was hoping for more stuff in that vein.

I spun Middle of Nowhere today and outside 3 or 4 tunes it's pretty damn week compared to the rest of the catalog. However that was the first with the new lineup and they tried a little different sound and tried not to be in the Savatge shadow as much but with Burden of Truth they hit out of the park IMO and made a great album that had a huge amount of growth along with some familiar Sava sounds. Delusions was badass as well but the production wasn't as strong IMO as the debut or Burden.

Yea, MIDDLE OF NOWHERE seems to get a lotta love but that album bored the tits off of me. BURDEN OF TRUTH was a little better but so far my fave C-II-C's have been the debut and DELUSIONS.

What can I say, I'm f*ckin' picky. :lol:

• 2 months later...

"Consequence of Power" has really grown on me and I think it's a really strong album but for some reason most metal fans haven't talked about it much, which is a shame.

Yeah I used to love this band. Their 2nd and 3rd albums especially were awesome, but the last one was awful IMO. That's why I havent gone anywhere near this...

"Consequence of Power" has really grown on me and I think it's a really strong album but for some reason most metal fans haven't talked about it much, which is a shame.

Yeah I used to love this band. Their 2nd and 3rd albums especially were awesome, but the last one was awful IMO. That's why I havent gone anywhere near this...

If memory serves you didn't like the production on the last one and that is much improved on this one. I think the last one had many great songs though.

Now as far as their 2nd release(Middle of Nowhere) goes that is by far IMO their worst disc. The production is a mess and there's probably only 4 or 5 great tunes.

If memory serves you didn't like the production on the last one and that is much improved on this one. I think the last one had many great songs though.

Now as far as their 2nd release(Middle of Nowhere) goes that is by far IMO their worst disc. The production is a mess and there's probably only 4 or 5 great tunes.

Yeah but "Middle of Nowhere" had a slightly more commercial sound (despite the terrible production) which gained them a lot of new fans. Plus even on that album the vocals - the best part of this band - were high in the mix, so they got away with some weaker tunes. If the new one has a better production then I might check out some samples...

Being a huge Sava fan of both Jon and Zak's albums I have to say that I've lost interest in both of them now except for their respective debut albums (Watching IN Silence & Tag Mahal)

Yeah but "Middle of Nowhere" had a slightly more commercial sound (despite the terrible production) which gained them a lot of new fans. Plus even on that album the vocals - the best part of this band - were high in the mix, so they got away with some weaker tunes. If the new one has a better production then I might check out some samples...

See I don't mind that the band is heavier in places and a little less commercial although Burden of Truth was that heavy and had some very catchy choruses. I do believe the production is better but I've read some reveiws that think the production is shit so it shows you what I know. This band rarely does anything wrong in my book but that's just my opinion.