The Rex Carroll Band - THAT WAS THEN, THIS IS NOW

Fat Freddy

1282287599_cover.jpg

I'm sure some of you remember Rex Carroll from his days as guitarist for Whitecross and King James. Now he's got his own solo band and is playing good ole fashioned Southern/Blues style rock rather than the '80s metal of his past. Hence the album title THAT WAS THEN, THIS IS NOW.

I got this disc to review for Detritus 'zine a month or so ago and was surprised how much I dug it, as I was never much of a Whitecross fan (I didn't DISlike them, I just never heard much of their material) and I know next to nuthin' about Southern/blues rock (other than the usual songs by Skynrd, Molly Hatchet, ZZ Top, etc. that get regular radio play, anyway)... but I honestly have been jammin' this disc on a near daily basis since I got it. Rex absolutely shreds throughout the album and the songs are loud, catchy and totally air-guitar worthy. If you dig Stevie Ray Vaughan, the Jeff Healey Band, or any of the other bands I've mentioned y'all should dig this Damn good stuff.

Info and samples can be found herein: http://www.myspace.com/rexcarroll

I heartily recommend listening to the track "Foolsgold/Workin' Man's Blues" at the above page, it's killer! :guitar: